What do you carry in Ram during Winter / Snow season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
funny I go through a couple pairs of Keen Targees a year and have been for years. I wear smartwool socks year round and really that will cut down on your tinactin use. kind of a wonder sock. once a week a buddy and I do a weekly 16-18 mile hike all summer long. Now in the snow we cut it down to maybe 8 miles.

Good tip. It's not much of an issue, but I appreciate that. I get out just about every day for a round of disc golf or two. I took a nice DG vacation last year up through Michigan, and back down to Iowa. Lots of courses in between.

0WNvTiU.png

Our club plays every Sunday, save for inclement weather, and we've been known to play in 2-3 ft of snow, so that's one of the reasons for all the cold weather gear in my truck. Glow tape and LED flashlights for night time glow rounds too.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Always, always bring your gun! Of all things, that’s the one piece that could save your life. Good way to sound off for people to hear you if stuck somewhere strange.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seeing these lists and hearing people's stories make me really happy I'm on the Texas coast where we get maybe 2-4" of snow every 6-8 years.

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Large screen TV boxes, plastic storage boxes, lids and a spare tire for my wife’s car, my Ram sits for 6 months with a cover on it, July she gets a wake up call.

Kevin

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I'm in North Texas (DFW area) so winter is a relative term. We mainly deal with cold weather, rain and occasionally ice, sleet and snow that rarely sticks.

Every day items - Ratchet straps, tow straps, tow chains, d-ring hitch shackle, shovel, hand rake, bottle jack, snatch block, first aid kit, two large blankets, extra coat, gloves (work and warm), latex gloves, one gallon of fresh water, flares, flash light, utility knife (leatherman), batteries (AA, C and D), food and snacks, and a few other odds and ends depending on where I am going and who's coming with me.

Winter items - a third blanket, extra coat and extra pair gloves (latex and warm)

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
I'm curious as to what others are carrying in the way of "Winter / Snow" driving equipment. (Chains, sand, shovel , etc... you get the idea)

This got me thinking as snow will be in the mountains soon enough.

This coming from someone where the temp outside right now is 60'f and sunny, with a light ocean breeze :waytogo:

I go down and make sure my AC unit works good. Although we may see a few days chilly. The rest require AC. I-40 is blocked in a few places near flagstaff. So no reason to be up there.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
since I have the Ram boxes, I carry most stuff year round (tow strap, etc).
I add a large coffee can of sand and one of snow melt, a snow shovel in the bed, a candle, a full bottle of water, bag of snacks in the center console. I always have hunting clothes in the back seat thru the end of February.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in Canada eh...so in winter I carry a spare pair of flip flops and a lawn chair and an XL Tim Hortons double cream maybe two.

Oh yeah....and smokes and beer.

If I’m stuck I’m good, there’ll be a dog team by shortly.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I carry a mixture of sand and cat litter , a heavy blanket , a small shovel a flashlight and before I go out I make sure to take some water and some snacks and make sure my phone is fully charged as well as a battery booster .

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Year round I have enough random stuff to survive a week in Canadian winter, and extraction equipment.

I always wonder when I see people stranded with nothing... was Darwin right?

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I'm in North Texas (DFW area) so winter is a relative term. We mainly deal with cold weather, rain and occasionally ice, sleet and snow that rarely sticks.

Every day items - Ratchet straps, tow straps, tow chains, d-ring hitch shackle, shovel, hand rake, bottle jack, snatch block, first aid kit, two large blankets, extra coat, gloves (work and warm), latex gloves, one gallon of fresh water, flares, flash light, utility knife (leatherman), batteries (AA, C and D), food and snacks, and a few other odds and ends depending on where I am going and who's coming with me.

Winter items - a third blanket, extra coat and extra pair gloves (latex and warm)

What's the rake for?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
To landscape my new home if I never get rescued.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a cheap fondue kit. It will melt snow for water, heat up my soup and add a little light.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Yeah I always carry my recovery gear as well as a bug out bag with me year round.

I'd say the only "different" things I have in the truckndueing winter are my tire chains, a good coat and some extra food just in case.

TOTALCHAOS69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always have my Redmax 3500 top handle w 14” bar in the toolbox! Nobody else keeps a chainsaw on standby?

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Off the top of my head, I keep this stuff in there year round....

Med kit
Tourniquet
Recovery strap
Road flares
Halotron fire extinguisher
survival blanket (it's good up to -50 degrees f or something like that)
bungee cords
And for when things get really bad in the winter...snow brush

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
AAA card
Valid credit card
Cell phone
Couple blankets
Never go under 1/2 level of gas in the 33 gal tank.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I always have water and a heavy coat. Other that, nothing.