What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Yeah you mean a rest for your left foot?? Yes we do. Very comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Omg, that just seems weird. On the positive side, you're close to the drink holder.

Driving on the 'wrong' (left) side of the road was a tough adjustment for me when I was in Australia and Japan. I even got into the passenger side expecting to drive away (like at home). Once I got used to it though... no problem.

Yes true. Never thought about the drinks holder being all one sided. Lol.

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Oh something else I discovered.... the freaking door chime!!!!

I like to clean the truck with radio on and with the door open it, chimes it’s head off. Is there a way to stop this?? Very annoying!!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

I like to clean the truck with radio on and with the door open it, chimes it’s head off. Is there a way to stop this?? Very annoying!!

I haven’t tried to find it in my truck but most vehicles will have a kill-switch so when doors are closed. It might look like a little rubber nipple. Open door and look for the switch. Figure out how to silence it and have something hold the button down

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Turn the key one more notch...it should stop without starting but you'll need to turn off the HVAC...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Turn the key one more notch...it should stop without starting but you'll need to turn off the HVAC...

Thanks - Mine is push button, and I push one more, it goes to RUN mode (just before start) which is probably not ideal to have sitting there for ages. :( I reckon there must be a way. I will keep digging. LOL!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks - Mine is push button, and I push one more, it goes to RUN mode (just before start) which is probably not ideal to have sitting there for ages. :( I reckon there must be a way. I will keep digging. LOL!
Oh, I think it's tap it twice quickly for ACC. Someone with push button start can chime in I'm sure...

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Hmm... I will check that out. 1 Tap for me goes to ACC, then the 2nd to Run, OR if foot on the break it will start.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hmm... I will check that out. 1 Tap for me goes to ACC, then the 2nd to Run, OR if foot on the break it will start.
Ok, so it sounds like two taps no foot on the break will stop the chiming if I'm right...

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
BUT... that turns all the ignition system on. Not good to have that running for an hour or more. :(

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
BUT... that turns all the ignition system on. Not good to have that running for an hour or more. :(
Yeah, you can conserve energy by turning off the HVAC. That's the only way I know of to have the door open with the music playing and the engine off (no annoying chime)...

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
If you flip the latch in the door while its open it should shut off, just remember to flip it back open before you try to shut the door.

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
The latch didn’t work and I searched for a button etc but nothing. Such a pain.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the old days the vehicles had a button about mid way down between the door hinges that you could depress and the dome light went off and the door chime stopped chiming, but I think that went away a few years back. It's a shame since it worked so well.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t like the curvature of the roof and no real rain gutters. Every time it rains when I open my door, the water just heavily drips/pours into my seat. I get why they did it for fuel economy, noise reduction, looks, etc... but wish they could have done it differently

TxStyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You're in luck!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=116140&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Yeah, I get that I can spend a bunch of money after the fact for it but FGS wouldn't you think that a truck that stickered out at almost $61K would have it already? <lol>

I don't really have anything else I can think of that I would change on my truck at all. Nothing that comes to mind that is a "thing" that would bug me.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah, I get that I can spend a bunch of money after the fact for it but FGS wouldn't you think that a truck that stickered out at almost $61K would have it already? <lol>

I don't really have anything else I can think of that I would change on my truck at all. Nothing that comes to mind that is a "thing" that would bug me.
Keep in mind your replaced radio has value too. If you go this route it offsets some of the cost by selling your old parts to someone that just wants the larger screen.

I too believe this feature was long overdue...