What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregg Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
The cup holders. I don't like reaching across the center counsel. Now I know some of you are going to say that you shouldn't be drinking (anything) and driving, but you know everybody does it!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as the alerts, Uconnect and the dealer said it's a problem with Sirius and Sirius said it was a head unit problem. I called four times just to get the Travelink subscription cancelled. It kept coming back until I cancelled my music subscription after having it for 10 years. It still happens now and again when Sirius has a free promo. I won't subscribe to Sirius again unless Guardian and Travelink are removed from my head unit.
I highly doubt that it’s with SiriusXM. That’s why I said before, the best thing to do in that situation is to take your phone and video it so that they don’t have to replicate it, and you don’t have to wait for it to make the problem in front of them- you just show them the video.

But since you canceled your subscription to Sirius XM, and that you don’t have any of those other subscriptions it don’t matter anymore but if you still want Sirius satellite radio, you can always start your subscription back up and download the app to your phone and play the music from your phone over your radio. The only problem with that is instead of receiving it through the air other satellite, you’d be using up your data to listen to it it.

Or who knows, I really don’t see why you couldn’t call a SiriusXM and just only have the satellite radio subscription and nothing more. But anyhoo, it was only a suggestion.

I’ve hit the button a few times while adjusting the mirror and didn’t notice or failed to cancel the call quick enough. Even if the modem doesn’t have a signal, it continues to try the call. I can’t remember if it timed out after 5 or 10 minutes.
I don’t know what to tell you… LOL. I really don’t because, so far I’ve yet to have that problem of touching those two buttons every time I reach up there to readjust the rearview mirror. The same as the the call button and the voice command button on the steering wheel; I mean, I’ve very rarely touched those unless I’ve wanted to so again, I don’t know what to offer except be careful where you push. Not trying to sound mean or nothin’ but don’t blame the truck for what sounds like you having fat finger syndrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cup holders. I don't like reaching across the center counsel. Now I know some of you are going to say that you shouldn't be drinking (anything) and driving, but you know everybody does it!

I wasn’t going to pick on you for that because I do it too. I mean really, nobody has a right to give anyone else **** about that because at one point, ya really can’t tell me nobody in the history of driving has never not been distracted in any way, shape or form.

But yeah, I agree with you, when they moved away from that console shifter to the rotary dial shifter for the new eight speed, they could’ve at least redesigned the cubbyhole so that your cupholders would be on each side and then redesigned the cubby hole to be in between the main part of the center console and the new cupholders location instead of just leaving the cup holders on that one side, and making the area where the console shifter once was, into a cubby hole.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You're right, you shouldn't be drinking while driving, it interferes with eating your egg mcmuffin while trying to shave and text.....:D

Tiny Thompson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I highly doubt that it’s with SiriusXM. That’s why I said before, the best thing to do in that situation is to take your phone and video it so that they don’t have to replicate it, and you don’t have to wait for it to make the problem in front of them- you just show them the video.

But since you canceled your subscription to Sirius XM, and that you don’t have any of those other subscriptions it don’t matter anymore but if you still want Sirius satellite radio, you can always start your subscription back up and download the app to your phone and play the music from your phone over your radio. The only problem with that is instead of receiving it through the air other satellite, you’d be using up your data to listen to it it.

Or who knows, I really don’t see why you couldn’t call a SiriusXM and just only have the satellite radio subscription and nothing more. But anyhoo, it was only a suggestion.

I don’t know what to tell you… LOL. I really don’t because, so far I’ve yet to have that problem of touching those two buttons every time I reach up there to readjust the rearview mirror. The same as the the call button and the voice command button on the steering wheel; I mean, I’ve very rarely touched those unless I’ve wanted to so again, I don’t know what to offer except be careful where you push. Not trying to sound mean or nothin’ but don’t blame the truck for what sounds like you having fat finger syndrome.

More than a fat finger syndrome, I wear a 4xl work glove. It just happens.

aces-n-eights

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The push button start doesn't always start. Foot on the brake, and still have to push the button 2-3 times every now and then. Dealr "cannot replicate problem". It could be me, but I still prefer a keyed ignition.

I had a similar problem in another vehicle. The brake light switch was sticky - not illuminating the brake lights - and the truck needs a "brake pedal depressed" signal in order to start. Check to see if your brake lights are coming on...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The back up camera is more of a hindrance and distraction than a help.

Forgot to elaborate on this part when I quoted it the first time but if that backup camera irritates you that much, just unplug the wiring harness from the bottom of your tailgate and be sure to use the little block plate that came with your truck and cap the harness. However, you’ll lose your ability to lock and unlock the tailgate with the fob, and you’ll lose your auto-locking feature in it when the doors lock/unlock by themselves.

I may not use my back up camera to back up with like so many of them younger drivers probably do, but a couple things I do like about my back up camera is when I’m backing up to a trailer, or if I’m backing into a parking spot that has a curb, that has trees/shrubs/branches or whatever that might scuff or scratch my bumper or my tailgate.

Also, it’s nice for backing out into the street from a diagonal parking space. Wish the video quality was just a little bit clearer but it makes it nice for seeing traffic behind you.

AnyWho, I’m not trying to change your mind, I’m just saying that that back up camera is useful for several other things other than just looking at it instead of your rear view mirrors when you back up. But if I were you, I would definitely take advantage of the fact that they made that tailgate wiring harness to where you to can unplug it and cap it if you ever wanted to remove your tailgate and leave it off.

Tiny Thompson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot to elaborate on this part when I quoted it the first time but if that backup camera irritates you that much, just unplug the wiring harness from the bottom of your tailgate and be sure to use the little block plate that came with your truck and cap the harness. However, you’ll lose your ability to lock and unlock the tailgate with the fob, and you’ll lose your auto-locking feature in it when the doors lock/unlock by themselves.

I may not use my back up camera to back up with like so many of them younger drivers probably do, but a couple things I do like about my back up camera is when I’m backing up to a trailer, or if I’m backing into a parking spot that has a curb, that has trees/shrubs/branches or whatever that might scuff or scratch my bumper or my tailgate.

Also, it’s nice for backing out into the street from a diagonal parking space. Wish the video quality was just a little bit clearer but it makes it nice for seeing traffic behind you.

AnyWho, I’m not trying to change your mind, I’m just saying that that back up camera is useful for several other things other than just looking at it instead of your rear view mirrors when you back up. But if I were you, I would definitely take advantage of the fact that they made that tailgate wiring harness to where you to can unplug it and cap it if you ever wanted to remove your tailgate and leave it off.

I tried that and I get a blue screen on the display that is just as annoying. I don't think that I got any type of cap with my truck either. I'll double check the glove box though. Thanks. Still trying to figure out the wiring so I can install a switch.

IndyDon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an express, so it is geared towards the express trim. My first complaint, but can be corrected. Is the upper glove box should have been on all trims. Second is the chrome clad wheel covers on 20 inch wheels, but it does make it easier to clean. Number 3 is the paint defects, probably should of been number 1.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried that and I get a blue screen on the display that is just as annoying. I don't think that I got any type of cap with my truck either. I'll double check the glove box though. Thanks. Still trying to figure out the wiring so I can install a switch.

Hmm. Maybe that supplied cover has something to do with it, I dunno. I’ve never used mine so I wouldn’t even begin to know what to tell ya to expect when that harness is plugged into that cap instead of the tailgate. But check in the storage spaces under the rear seats, in the rear pockets of the front seats(if it has them) or in the floor cubby’s underneath the back floor mats. I’m thinking that’s where mine mighta been but, its supposed to have one. If not, go the dealer and have them get you one.

modstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Laramie
The factory nose dive front suspension (easily fixed), the shark fin antennae (makes me nervous parking in garages), and seats made for 350 lb people. Not much to complain about.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The factory nose dive front suspension (easily fixed), the shark fin antennae (makes me nervous parking in garages), and seats made for 350 lb people. Not much to complain about.

what factory nose dive front suspension? lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The factory nose dive front suspension (easily fixed)...
You talkin’ about, the downward slope towards the front? If so, it’s a pickup... it’s supposed to do that so when you load down the back or hook on to a heavy trailer, it’ll level out instead of squat the ground.

…the shark fin antennae (makes me nervous parking in garages).…
How so? Are you really driving in parking garages where you’ve only got less than two inches clearance?

…and seats made for 350 lb people..
Um...... don’t follow...

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i took it as factory nose dive meaning when braking, not the "rake". which i wish didn't exist too but it's not the only truck out there with it. and i'm 250 so i appreciated seats made for 350. lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i took it as factory nose dive meaning when braking, not the "rake". which i wish didn't exist too but it's not the only truck out there with it. and i'm 250 so i appreciated seats made for 350. lol.

I was gonna say, you brake hard in anything, the nose of the vehicle is gonna nose dive. I don’t understand why that’s an issue.

I’m pushin’ 270 myself but I still don’t understand the seats part.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i don't either but i know i tore my tacoma seat. maybe not built for the 350 requirement? lol. and you want to see nose dive, should have seen my tacoma on 12 yr old struts and coils. lol. downright dangerous.

modstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Laramie
You talkin’ about, the downward slope towards the front? If so, it’s a pickup... it’s supposed to do that so when you load down the back or hook on to a heavy trailer, it’ll level out instead of squat the ground.

How so? Are you really driving in parking garages where you’ve only got less than two inches clearance?

Um...... don’t follow...

Nose dive meaning the front end sits low, that's why they make a leveling kit. Also to include one more dislike, the factory rear springs are soft.

My work's parking garage was built in the 70's when trucks were not common. Any additional height worries me since the clearance is tight. Toss on a lift or level and you run the risk of scraping the roof, beginning with the antennae.

The seats have bolsters made for wide people. I'm not.