What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
'14 1500 "Black" Express owner

-The projector lamp assembly is fine, like others have said, the bulbs they chose are crap. need real HID's

-On the 5.whatever radio, audio quality on bluetooth is crap, as is a direct connection to an iPhone...my pops and cracks like crazy. 1/4" plug and XM audio quality is actually pretty great. I also hate that the radio is slightly turned up every time you start the vehicle.

-I wish I could 100% turn off my radio display. You can in my wife's '15 Chrysler T&C. I despise the "TOUCH TO TURN ON SCREEN" message and the fact that the backlight is left on.

-Rear window defrost would be awesome...sometimes, my rear window is useless in the winter.

-Thankfully I'm not a clean-freak like I used to be with cars...the sprayers on the hood aren't that great and leak all down the hood when they're finished.

-I wish I could disable/enable the locking tailgate. Most times I do not need it and it's just another thing to wear out over time.

-The stock tires are a total joke...

-I wish I could fold up the rear seat in halves instead of an "all or nothing" manner.

I don't think my 09' SLT has the feature to lock the tailgate with the fob.

My rear seat folds up 60/40. My truck was optioned with the large sub under the rear seat. Didn't realize until after I bought it and was bummed out about losing the storage bin.

I have only had it a few weeks and still discovering things.

My dislikes are similar to everyone else.

- poor headlights
- heavy tailgate
- key fob buttons easily pushed while in pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
- key fob buttons easily pushed while in pocket

I've seen quite a few others post about this, and my son has complained about it as well. I wonder if any of the people with the complaint have the keyless entry/start system, as I have never had an issue with mine (keyless), and my son has the hard key.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I find that the tailgate and all the doors seam reAlly light compaired to my ford.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I find that the tailgate and all the doors seam reAlly light compaired to my ford.

Me too. Sometimes i swear mines built out of tin foil. Our 09 model tailgate and doors weigh 3 times as much.

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Radio is screechy,lights are melted on sports, failed to turn on properly 3 times,(taking it to dealership) i"m starting to give up on this truck

phantomknight321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im still in the honeymoon phase with her but each day I am able to pick out a couple of minor nitpicks as the truck settles in with me. I wont include anything that is wear and tear because really its amazingly clean and perfect for having 33k on the clock and being 2-3 years old.

That being said, here is my list:

-Keyfob durability. Whoever had this truck before me must have beat the keyfob to hell, the lock button is sticking on it and I have to get a replacement through my titanium protection (which I am ok with, as it gets me my money back on it) *EDIT* Actually I managed to fix it somewhat...but I plan to put it back how it was in order to ensure that I will get a replacement.

-Tailgate locking is a minor annoyance but I appreciate the peace of mind that my stuff is safe

- Sub takes up most of the rear underseat storage but I would have put subs in anyway so i wont be complaining too much

- Washer nozzles on hood

- the fact that my 8.4 doesnt have nav, though thats an easy $500 fix

- no trailer brake controller, again a relatively easy fix

- 3.21 gears. I like better gas mileage but i hate that I am limited on towing capacity now without investing in better gears.

Thats all that immediately comes to mind right now, overall the truck is treating me very nicely. Its my first truck so the knob shifter doesnt bother me, and the MDS doesnt either and likely never will as I dont really plan to make it loud or anything.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
... its amazingly clean and perfect for having 33k on the clock and being 2-3 years old.

That statement is 180° to every other statement you make

Whoever had this truck before me must have beat the keyfob to hell,

How can you Blame a MFR for how an Individual treats their product??

Tailgate locking is a minor annoyance but I appreciate the peace of mind that my stuff is safe

Not quite sure what your Complaint is. The fact that the Tailgate Locks when you Lock your truck, to keep your Stuff Safe??

Sub takes up most of the rear underseat storage but I would have put subs in anyway...

So, What is your Complaint (never mind that fact that you didn't have to buy THAT truck if you didn't like the option...)?

- Washer nozzles on hood

Can you clarify what the Complaint is?

the fact that my 8.4 doesnt have nav, though thats an easy $500 fix

That's GOT to be the most Frivolous Complaint I've ever heard. Like saying "I really hate that my truck didn't come with a Hemi". SERIOUSLY????

no trailer brake controller, again a relatively easy fix

Again. Did you look at the list of options? Do you SERIOUSLY expect every truck to come with this? Wow. (never mind that fact that you didn't have to buy THAT truck if you didn't like the option...)

3.21 gears. I like better gas mileage but i hate that I am limited on towing capacity now without investing in better gears.

I'm about to give up. You want your cake, and to eat it too, PLUS get it for free, maybe with a Rebate PLUS a Royalty. (never mind that fact that you didn't have to buy THAT truck if you didn't like the option...)

I will stop now, unless you are willing get back on the Reality Train.

Trucks are not something you conceive in Virtual Reality. They must exist in the Real World and be subject to Physics. Maybe in a few years, after you've experienced a little more Real Life you will realize how Unrealistic, Contradictory and Unrelated your Complaints are. Until then, please just Enjoy your Imperfect Ram :)

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I dislike not being able to turn the dash lights off. Not a fan of the front grill. Other then that. Really think I made the right choice.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hell , I Love my Truck , I'm sure there are things I'd like to add or change , but after driving Chevy , Nissan , Toyota and Ford I'm certin I made the right choice !
The Ferd was a kinda close 2nd .
Chevy was 4th on the list in the end , I went to the Chevy dealer first , I was not intending to go anywhere else , certinly not Nissan , ford and Toyota !

I wanted a Chevy , I went to Chevy again later on ( disappointing to say the least )

I obviously went with the RAM ... I LOVE MY TRUCK !

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Idk, I see a lot of complaints about the headlights. My $0.02 about headlights, I don't think they take the time at the factory to properly adjust them. What really tipped me off to this is that every truck is different off the lot. Some are pretty good, some are ok, some are terrible but none are perfect. Get them adjusted correctly and they're just fine :happy107: Also remember that lift, lower, level, tire/wheel size, towing all affect where they point and they need to be adjusted accordingly. That's a detail that's often overlooked.

ChuckWag78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I am on my 3rd 4th Gen Ram

I had a 2010 2WD Crew Cab Big Horn, then upgraded to a 2011 4WD Crew Cab Sport. I switched to a Jeep GC to save on Gas Millage, but just last month made the switch back to a 2014 4WD Crew Cab Big Horn. All that to say I've had my experiences with Ram Trucks.

My biggest gripe is with the power rear window. I wish the whole window would just go down like on the Tundras. I hate that little window that opens, and it is crazy expensive if you need to fix.

The hands free entry and push start was nice on the Jeep, wish the Ram I got had that too.

Wish it had a little cubby to hold glasses up where the garage door buttons are.

Oh, and I HATE the long stock antenna, but that is an easy fix.

Petty things really. I LOVE THESE TRUCKS!!!

AnimalYates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My biggest dislike now is a rust bubble forming in my driver side rear wheel well even though my truck is a 2011 and has been babied. Maybe mine is a dud and have flaws from the factory or the original owner abused it... who knows.

MDS sounds like crap with aftermarket exhaust and doesn't do **** for MPG. I also feel some parts of the body are very cheap; for instance my doors are very light weight and feel very fragile. Something small, but it was the FIRST thing I noticed when coming from my 09' Sierra. That the doors felt very light and cheap.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I've had my truck two weeks now and only put on 350 miles to begin to break it in. But, I've been putting on things and polishing it. The internal plastic seems thin, the sheet metal seems thin, even the door weather strips seem thin.

The other thing I don't like is that you have all this wiring in cable harness that come out to one thin wire into a connector. A problem waiting to happen.

Then there are all the various things plugged into things like the rear differential. Again, something that road hazards or whatever can harm.

I had a 2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4 since new and put 210,000 miles on it. The only problem was the water pump going out at 187,000 miles. It seemed more solidly built then the 2500 in some regards.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The internal plastic seems thin, the sheet metal seems thin, even the door weather strips seem thin.

The other thing I don't like is that you have all this wiring in cable harness that come out to one thin wire into a connector. A problem waiting to happen.

Then there are all the various things plugged into things like the rear differential. Again, something that road hazards or whatever can harm.

Every one of those items can be easily noted before purchase. Why didn't you instead buy a GM, Ford, Toyota or Nissan?

I had a 2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4 since new and put 210,000 miles on it. The only problem was the water pump going out at 187,000 miles. It seemed more solidly built then the 2500 in some regards.

So, you have had problems with your 2 week old 2016? Or are you jumping to conclusions as to its reliability? Maybe you should have just kept the old one.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Every one of those items can be easily noted before purchase. Why didn't you instead buy a GM, Ford, Toyota or Nissan?

Who said they were built any differently?

So, you have had problems with your 2 week old 2016? Or are you jumping to conclusions as to its reliability? Maybe you should have just kept the old one.

I wish I could have but, I bought a larger RV and I need more towing ability.

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The weak transmission and welded ring gear and the zf axle no one make any gears for

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88