What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't really kept up with this thread, so I'm not sure if this has already been brought up. I hate how water sits on top of the tailgate . When I'm not paying attention and I go to open the tailgate after it has been raining, my feet get soaked .

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The position of the column shifter in drive is low, sucks to grab, and blocks my view of the 4x4 selector.
The shifter stalk plastic feels horrible and many have sharp edges.
The manual shift button location is poorly placed on the stalk.

Yes I agree that is my other gripe! Also the manual mode buttons suck and doesn't really do a manual mode, just picks the highest gear.. a few times now I've used it, and thinking it wasn't responding I hit the button more than once - next thing you know *BAM!* 1st gear doing like 40mph!

I wish the buttons were a straight manual mode like a Ford.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No clock unless radio is on. (Tradesmen mode) like why? I wanna know the time without having to turn my radio on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I didnt bother reading the entire 33 page thread...can you blame me?

Being a tall person, I hate the placement of the roof bracing to the set. When the seat is near 100% back the brace is right under your head. In the morning, my hair brushes the head liner, in the afternoon it doesn't. The people who need the headroom the most, taller, dont actually get it.

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didnt bother reading the entire 33 page thread...can you blame me?

Being a tall person, I hate the placement of the roof bracing to the set. When the seat is near 100% back the brace is right under your head. In the morning, my hair brushes the head liner, in the afternoon it doesn't. The people who need the headroom the most, taller, dont actually get it.
Damn you must be tall. I'm 6'1" and don't have issues. But I have relatively shorter legs and a longer torso for my height so I don't slide it all the way back. If I could telescope the wheel out I probably would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

hbfieldii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't like how easy it is to change to KMH. Like it's not that often it'll be needed. You can have the switch a little bit more hidden.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like how easy it is to change to KMH. Like it's not that often it'll be needed. You can have the switch a little bit more hidden.

My girlfriend swaps it just to mess with me. I'll be going down the road and go "oh **** I'm going 85!?" And she just cracks up. Happens more often than I care to admit lol

Sent via telepathy

brcbruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
I don't like the factory TPMS settings, the vibration from 70 to 75mph, the door dinging with the engine off when left open and the cardan joint lube location on the front axle.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate that I always seem to hit the AC button. Not sure why, but always seems to be on regardless of where the dial is set

Sent via telepathy

Sportman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate how when I'm connected via Bluetooth, the automated lady can't seem get a single word pronounciation right...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I am on my own here, but I hate the flip up tow mirrors. The convex mirror belongs on the bottom for a clear view of the blind spot, but it makes you look like you have a ghost trailer or look like Dumbo driving down the road.

I hate that you cannot disable DRL. I have a Canadian truck, and the dealerships want between $60 and $120 to disable it.

anthony2558

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That my push button on the door for the keyless entry doesn't always work. Sometimes it just locks the tailgate and rambox's. Then I gotta push it like 5 more times. Anyone have that issue?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
On my lonestar/big horn i hated not having climate control , head lights , cloth seats , no auto head light and rain sensitive wipers . So i got a limited and haven't fond anything i really dont like about it other than i dive it more than any other truck i have had .

Alan_Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Headlight issues.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The turn signal is far too sensitive, when I am approaching a turning lane I turn on the signal and upon entering the lane with hardly a few degrees turn of the wheel and back the signal turns off. Happens far to often, and always when entering work, were I have been for 25 years and lots of cars and this is the only one to do it.
Premature signal extinguish???

Why in the world are we hampered with a 32 GB limit for SD and USB thumb drives?

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
On my lonestar/big horn i hated not having climate control , head lights , cloth seats , no auto head light and rain sensitive wipers . So i got a limited and haven't fond anything i really dont like about it other than i dive it more than any other truck i have had .

you didnt have climate control, or headlights/ auto headlights, those are pretty much standard on all rams :roflsquared:

RamOutlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't like that the engine top speed is governed. I have a 5.7 Hemi with this engine I should be able to drive well above the speed the computer regulates. , I know I can modify, but that would void my unlimited mileage Lifetime warranty I purchased so I won't
If I wanted a slow truck I would have bought a smaller engine. 2016 Ram Limited 1500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotemgoddard