What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have climate control it does cost more. I replaced mine as it thought the mouse wheel was annoying and the new one does the same thing so don’t think I’ll replace again until it is dead.
Was it immediately or after a while it started squeaking again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins

It was pretty quick mostly happens when cold. I went with a used one from s salvage yard. Maybe the new ones are better.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

You may have luck with using an Auto HVAC vent/duct cleaner/deoderizer first. It may be enough to lubricate the noisy components.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

sourdough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not liking the TIPM. Haven't read anything good about it.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You may have luck with using an Auto HVAC vent/duct cleaner/deoderizer first. It may be enough to lubricate the noisy components.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Any good ones you recommend ?

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dislike the rotary shifter. Tradesman trucks should come with column shifter. And the already mentioned tailgate assist should come standard. Otherwise love my truck

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Schlotzky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
As a convert from a 2016 F150, there are a couple things that Ford seemed to have put a little extra thought into.

The Ford had a button in the bed at the tailgate to turn the bed lights on and off. This was very convenient for using the bed at night or with my cover on without going into the cab to turn the cargo lights on.

The keyless system on the Ford had a proximity sensor on the tailgate so the gate could be easily opened without getting the keys out. It also had a flood light mounted on the tailgate that lit up the ground around the back, useful especially for hooking up trailers.

I'm still a happy camper to leave my first Ford for another Mopar. A couple things I'm enjoying in the first 600 miles of my Ram are: the Hemi feels oh so much more peppy than the Coyote (maybe it's the 8 speed?) the UConnect system is much nicer to use than Stync, the built in phone holder is really nice to have, and I prefer the styling of the Ram inside and out, although at this point there is very little exclusivity felt driving it since the body style has been out for so long.

alpinewil81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cruise control with a mind of its own. Like my kids, it does like I tell it one day, but not the next.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try the Sylvania ZXE's, a little more but also whiter.

L fog ZXE vs R fog OE... View attachment 116547
I ran those in an old 97 F250 4x4 I use to own, had them in for about 10 months when one of them blew, unfortunately they don't sell them as singles so if you blow one you'll have to buy another set. Other than that I really liked them.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing that annoys me is the passenger seat belt rattling unless it is laid flat. Stock head lights in 09 Ram suck.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
On MY18, the backup camera gets a lot of glare from the license plate lights that come on in reverse. Really makes it difficult in the dark when I get on a jobsite and need to back up. Didn’t ever notice this on MY15 or MY16 models.
Thinking about putting some black tape or unplugging them, but haven’t tried anything yet.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The low-Light clarity of my backup camera is crap. Will be adding more light back there as I am very often backing up in very dark locations.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This may have been mentioned in the 1270+ posts:
The effort required to change a headlight bulb is annoying. I know it's easy, but consuming. I don't want to count how many times I've had to yank the shroud cover, pull the grille, reach under the wheel well to flip the latch, unscrew and remove the housing, disconnect all the harnesses... damn my eye is starting to twitch just thinking about it. Ya know, if they would've had decent headlights from the factory, most of us wouldn't even have to know how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oliver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,2 V8
i hate brake drums at the rear ... this is tooooo weak :biggun::dogpile:

01Ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This may have been mentioned in the 1270+ posts:
The effort required to change a headlight bulb is annoying. I know it's easy, but consuming. I don't want to count how many times I've had to yank the shroud cover, pull the grille, reach under the wheel well to flip the latch, unscrew and remove the housing, disconnect all the harnesses... damn my eye is starting to twitch just thinking about it. Ya know, if they would've had decent headlights from the factory, most of us wouldn't even have to know how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting to note that in 14 years owning my 2001 Ram 2500 I never had any bulb burn out anywhere on the truck. So far, none on my 2014 Ram.

kkilgore57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I 100 percent cannot stand the rotary shiftier!!!! All the other feature made me like the truck.
If not for these features, i would not have bought the truck. This is how much i hate the rotary shiftier.

Fieldoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5 bolt lug wheels. Do not understand why they stayed with this for so long. It is nearly impossible to find aftermarket wheels in what I want in finish and offset. Plus six lugs seem to me are stronger and look better.