What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will have to take a look at the cabin filter.....it was in OK shape when I finally determined I actually have one, but that was a cursory look and a full pollen rush ago....

Tapatalked from my expensive "smart" phone.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Weak air conditioning fan power.

Odd. I have old 09 but still very cold and powerful I always have to set it higher like 72 degrees or I get too cold.

Richard Schmale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shakerman here i had a 2008 ram 1500 4 door which i really liked also had a 2003 hemi 1500 it was ok not good on gas. my 08 had the mds and mine worked very good had fantastic mileage for the way i drove.my mds was great all the way up to 80mph on reasonably flat roads. i used it for a work truck, hauled cars with a car trailer, used it for everything. brakes were yhr only thing i changed often. i replaced the steering module no problem. the two things i don't like is itgot totaled and i dont have it. and the airbags didnt deploy..ouch dang that hurt

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has too many miles .. [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iland99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Express 4x4
Engine
I'm just over 1,000 miles now and found my first big complaint - autopark!! I discovered just how much it sucks last night when hooking up to my fish house/camper. It was pretty annoying having to make sure the door was shut before backing up the last 6" to hook up to the camper. I was planning on adding a backup camera to this truck, but after dealing with autopark it just got bumped to the top of the list.

I also agree with the weak A/C comments. I'm coming from a 2006 Nissan Frontier and that thing would ice you out even in 90+ degree temps. I'd have the A/C on low and still have to toggle it on/off every few minutes.

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^I am just shy of your mileage maybe I should check mine, that is pretty grubby.

Yea, it’s worse than I expected. At least I know it works. Oh crap that would be a thing I like about the RAM. Oops!

Sent from my iX using my iThumbs via Tapatalk

Brianj53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
I agree with the weak air conditioning, 85 farenheit today and while it does basically blow cool to cold air, my wifes 8 year old Hyundai is notably better; I would expect a Ram Tough Guts&Glory truck to be better. Truck is 8 months old with 3000 miles, should be no clogged filter yet.

isaidme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 3.21 gears mine came with. I got a great deal on it and it gets very good gas mileage but doesn't get up and get going like a truck with almost 400hp should.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I agree with the weak air conditioning, 85 farenheit today and while it does basically blow cool to cold air, my wifes 8 year old Hyundai is notably better; I would expect a Ram Tough Guts&Glory truck to be better. Truck is 8 months old with 3000 miles, should be no clogged filter yet.
Hmmmm... my 2015 (3.6L V6) had a great AC. My new 2018 seems as good, though we've only had a couple 90+ degree days so far..

My 2015 had an air leak into the cabin (which the dealer denied it had) causing it to take forever to warm the cabin in the cruel Minnesota winters I endure. With the temperature around 0 F, I'm talking about 25 to 30 minutes of freeway driving with heat cranked all the way up. Mice could fly mouse sized kites in the breeze that leaked in there. My center console would be cold, often times frost would form inside it.

I sure hope my new one doesn't have the same problem.

Another thing I don't like is the gutter, or trough, on top on the tailgate. It collects water which freezes in the winter sealing my rollup cover to the tailgate. In the summer after a rain, if I forget about the water resting in that trough, I open the tailgate and pants and/or shoes get drenched.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You should still inspect it. A wet filter could cause the same issues...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That the tailgate unlocks with the doors. It should be a "press 3 times" or have its own button. Also that the garage door opener operates without the ignition on, so someone could break a window and open the garage. That should be a programmable option.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That the tailgate unlocks with the doors. It should be a "press 3 times" or have its own button. Also that the garage door opener operates without the ignition on, so someone could break a window and open the garage. That should be a programmable option.
I bet you could switch it from constant to ACC power at the harness...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Troutman561

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had my 2017 for 3 weeks. The only thing I really dislike is the turning radius. Not a big deal but my Tundra had a noticeably better turning radius, and it was a gen 1. My dads gen 2 Tundra is even better. Otherwise I like the truck more everyday.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I’ve had my 2017 for 3 weeks. The only thing I really dislike is the turning radius. Not a big deal but my Tundra had a noticeably better turning radius, and it was a gen 1. My dads gen 2 Tundra is even better. Otherwise I like the truck more everyday.
One if the first things I noticed about my Ram after driving F-150's for almost 20 years was the smaller turning radius. But, yeah, I can see where a Tundra would have an advantage over the Ram.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
I'm just over 1,000 miles now and found my first big complaint - autopark!! I discovered just how much it sucks last night when hooking up to my fish house/camper. It was pretty annoying having to make sure the door was shut before backing up the last 6" to hook up to the camper. I was planning on adding a backup camera to this truck, but after dealing with autopark it just got bumped to the top of the list.

I also agree with the weak A/C comments. I'm coming from a 2006 Nissan Frontier and that thing would ice you out even in 90+ degree temps. I'd have the A/C on low and still have to toggle it on/off every few minutes.

I got a cheap solution for you - just get a seat belt buckle extension, put it in once and you never will have to deal with this again. They make super fancy carbon ones as well

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Why don't you just go into your settings and turn off the tailgate lock?
This I'll be doing if possible next time I drive my 17' or at least sit in it. Let the insurance expire on it so it's a garage decoration at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BillsRam