What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’m gonna look into sending her out for service, but the oil and coolant temps (after heating up) always stay at 204, and they do change, but the oil isn’t a single degree cooler or warmer than the coolant based off of what the gauge summary is saying.

Also, the oil temp gauge on the left side of the screen (the one you can customize to what it shows) never shows oil temperature, which is strange.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
That is strange...almost as if it's not sending the information so it can't be displayed?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who builds a truck with no radio power on/off button or knob?!?!
That's ********. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had my 1500 Bighorn Classic now for a few weeks and the things I would change are push to start vs key, and the seats arent exactly the most comfortable in the world. I would prefer more bucket style with a little more padding to them as well. Other than that I love the truck so far!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had my 1500 Bighorn Classic now for a few weeks and the things I would change are push to start vs key, and the seats arent exactly the most comfortable in the world. I would prefer more bucket style with a little more padding to them as well. Other than that I love the truck so far!

So then why did you get one with push-button start??

But I take it you have the split bench seat? I don’t know if the BigHorns ever could come with the front buckets with the big floor-mounted condole or not but I dunno, I think I woulda known on the test drive if I was gonna like the seats or not but I guess that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
A year later and I'm realizing I hate the hvac system. Damn thing is loud as hell at full speed and non existent at low speeds.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

But I take it you have the split bench seat? I don’t know if the BigHorns ever could come with the front buckets with the big floor-mounted condole or not but I dunno, I think I woulda known on the test drive if I was gonna like the seats or not but I guess that’s just me.

Pricing played a big part. Not having push button isnt really a big deal just not used to having to use a key as ive had push button for the last 8 years or so. I may eventually pony up and add push button but i dont think its worth the money to me. As for the seats, they arent bad just again coming from a sportier car where the seats hugged me nicely its something i would change if i could. Overall though the pros far outweigh any cons.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pricing played a big part. Not having push button isnt really a big deal just not used to having to use a key as ive had push button for the last 8 years or so. I may eventually pony up and add push button but i dont think its worth the money to me. As for the seats, they arent bad just again coming from a sportier car where the seats hugged me nicely its something i would change if i could. Overall though the pros far outweigh any cons.

My bad, I misunderstood you saying you had the key start but wanted the push button. There’s a lot of helpful information on here for if you wanted to add that, and even to get get rid of that bench seat[if that’s what you have] if you wanted to go that route.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My bad, I misunderstood you saying you had the key start but wanted the push button. There’s a lot of helpful information on here for if you wanted to add that, and even to get get rid of that bench seat[if that’s what you have] if you wanted to go that route.

That's what he is saying, he has the key.

I have a bighorn with cloth bucket seats, very common feature, and they're very comfortable IMO.

george wellburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
nothing really..i like it..that goes for my 97,2012 and 95.i guess the only thing i dislike is i had to replace some old brake lines on my 97 as i drive it in winter,,i could swear i heard the 2012 laughing at me,,darn thing anyway

george wellburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
I'm not a big fan of the rotary shifter. I with they still had the column shifter.
i went from eco diesel to cummings and i have a column shifter now..i found with the knob you went to drive someonelses vehile and you went to shift gears then all of a sudden the radio gets real loud..ha

george wellburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
My biggest gripe is no manual transmission behind the hemi in hd trucks. I loved my '06 2500 that had a G56 behind the 5.7L. I had to sell it and get something with 2 more doors to fit carseats or else I'd still have it.

edit: a cabin air filter would be nice too as stated already!
i was hoping to get a standard trans but went with auto because i couldnt find one..just bought an afe shift contorl to help it live longer...thank cummins really hauls ass.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
How do you turn on the camera when you're driving down the highway?

You need to buy you a Tazer! You can turn cams on,Use navigation while moving,turn fogs on with brights and some more interesting things as well.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That why I’m not a fan of those sensors. My wife’s SUV has them all over and it’s really annoying in winter especially. It’s more distracting than anything to be honest. My truck doesn’t have any of that and I feel more comfortable in that. Whenever one of the 328 sensors goes off I have to take my eyes off the road and read what the issue is on the dash. Not sure how these safety features are better...

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

I use fronts to know exactly where to stop the truck in the garage and have plenty of space to walk in front and rear after its parked!

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As far as what I do not like on the 19? The damned tailgate SUCKS!!!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what he is saying, he has the key.
I realized that long before.

I have a bighorn with cloth bucket seats, very common feature, and they're very comfortable IMO.

I’m sure they are. My leather buckets are quite comfortable too. I don’t think I’ve ever sat down on a full bench that was comfortable. My 08 wasn’t bad, but not like my 18.

Doug States

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
My 2019 Ram, Laredo pkg, 5.7L Hemi, bought in 2018 after 2016 Diesel engine self destructed at 57k miles. Tons of electrical issues with sensors at first, 4 return trips. Then brakes sound like Chewbacka, which I nicknamed my truck. They finally replaced the rear brakes for me for free at 32k miles. Sounds good now. The front bucket seat kills my hips, and my hips are fine in every other seat. I had to buy seat cushion.
The safety system malfunctions on a few metal bridges on the interstate and in parking lots, it alarms and puts brakes on on the interstate which can be scary.
The lane keep also shuts off unexpectedly if you are just going straight for a while, which is I-80 in Nebraska and that is a hazard after you rely on it to be working.
Overall, I love the truck after all the fixes as I am a very patient and loyal person. This will be my last Ram due to my experience with the 2016 and the "case worker" I had to deal with at corporate. They do not stand behind their products. I bought the extended warranty on this truck as I fear owning one of these without coverage. The dealer in my town gave me great deal on getting out of the 2016 eco-lemon.