What makes the OEM black reflector headlights less expensive than the chrome version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I'm trying to a find a decently priced pair of chrome reflector headlights and most online places sell them for $500 or more. And apparently the same reflector headlights in black are far less expensive. What gives? I know that there's aftermarket options out there but my intention is to go for OEM.

EDIT: I've found somebody that sold me their pair, please no more offers.

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would look for a nice low mile take off. I sold a nice set of chrome ones for 100 bucks.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Chrome is a more expensive process then black paint would be my guess.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Back in the day when I had my LX Magnum, it seemed the dark colored cars would come with chrome and the light colored would come with black. We setup a swap program. Someone donated a set of each to be used as temps for the DDs that could not do without headlights while waiting for the lights to be delivered. All we did was pay for shipping. I would love to find someone local to swap out the chrome ones for a set of stock black ones.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the factory quads in chrome that I took off my truck when it had 700 miles on it.... I will sell

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I just took some quad chrome off my truck id also sell plus shipping they r in great shape let me know