What should I do for exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinsavs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,
I am a new member here and I've used the search function to no avail. I have looked and looked for what I should do for my exhaust. I have a 2004 ram 1500 slt with a hemi 5.7.

II plan on getting shorty or longtube headers (havent decided yet) then going new exhaust piping all the way back from headers to tips. I haven't decided whether I should go dual in-dual out or use single mufflers for each pipe or even if I should use H pipe or X pipes before the mufflers, especially for dual in dual out.

I would like to know if anyone sells an exhaust kit that has the cats deleted already that connects from header to muffler? And if anyone has any good recommendations for dump pipes?

I have a friend that works at a dealership that can fab me the piping and do all the hand work for free if I need it.

I'm almost pretty new to this stuff so be nice please. Thanks

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have an 07 and went with the ARH long tubes mainly for ease of fitment. I don't think they offer them for the 04 though. A lot of guys go with the pacesetter long tubes and have good results. Plus if you have a guy to do tube work for you, your set. If i remember correctly there is a good walk threw in the DIY section specifically relating to the pacesetter long tubes.

I also went with a 24 in magna flow. Keeps it quiet for the wife and the baby. I knew my future plans would involve a dump pipe so i figure why not get something that keeps it quiet for the neighbors. Once i hit the high way or i want the sound, flip the switch and its there...

Also buy your headers from Moes. Seems to be the best price around, great customer service, and I say its better to support small business then say JEGS or summit. Just my two cents.