What should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 1500 5.7 with ProComp leveling struts and Zone UCA's. The truck came to me that way when I bought it as a certified preowned vehicle in 2016.

My issue is that in 2019 one of the struts went bad and the company sent me replacements. They have a lifetime no questions asked replacement warranty. Well both of the replacements are leaking oil and the rears need to be replaced because the bushings have disintegrated in one.

My question is they seem to have a 5 year lifespan and fail completely. Would I actually save money in the long run going with a Bilsteiin 6100/5100 set or possibly the Eibach Pro truck Lift stage one kit? Or get free replacements and pay the labor of installation every 5 years? The truck has 122k on it and my mechanic said yesterday the condition my truck is for a 10 year old vehicle is amazing.

Last edited:

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If budget permits, I'd go the new route. Why continue to use a part that you know will eventually fail? What if it fails earlier next time? I don't come across too many complaints on the other two you listed.

Just some considerations. Good luck!

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 1500 5.7 with ProComp leveling struts and Zone UCA's. The truck came to me that way when I bought it as a certified preowned vehicle in 2016.

My issue is that in 2019 one of the struts went bad and the company sent me replacements. They have a lifetime no questions asked replacement warranty. Well both of the replacements are leaking oil and the rears need to be replaced because the bushings have disintegrated in one.

My question is they seem to have a 5 year lifespan and fail completely. Would I actually save money in the long run going with a Bilsteiin 6100/5100 set or possibly the Eibach Pro truck Lift stage one kit? Or get free replacements and pay the labor of installation every 5 years? The truck has 122k on it and my mechanic said yesterday the condition my truck is for a 10 year old vehicle is amazing.
Be prepared for a stiffer ride with the Bilstein's. I had a friend replace his stock to Bilstein's since there one of the top of the line struts. That was his biggest complaint.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I put the 5100's in the rear and fronts (adjusted to 2.1" raised) on my 19' and my new Warlock that I just picked up three weeks ago.

The ride is much better than the OEM. Road feel and response are excellent.
I don't find them harsh or stiff, but we all have different levels of comfort that we prefer.