What to do with my grille???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
That other grille thread had me thinking about what to do with mine.

I've had it plasti dipped for about two years and I like the all black look but the dip never last and I've had to re-do twice.

So my grille is at my friends place who hydro dippes but I'm still not sure what I want to do.
This is the only pattern I liked he had a sample of but he can get anything I wanted. Not sure about it
IMG_20160428_194343.jpg

I want something to match my custom badge by my buddy AustinB. Love this thing
IMG_20160425_123535.jpg

So the only things I can think of are
All black painted with actual paint.
Color match my truck
or a hydro dip pattern which is hard to find something that sorta matches.

Thanks
Steven

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the hydro example in the first picture to me looks as if you had the grille painted and some type of acid or something ate away at spots all over it. I'd stay away from that design at least. I'm always a fan of color matched grilles...but to each their own.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My vote would be color match the outer section of the grill and paint the crosshairs black. With color matching the whole thing being a close 2nd.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the hydro example in the first picture to me looks as if you had the grille painted and some type of acid or something ate away at spots all over it. I'd stay away from that design at least. I'm always a fan of color matched grilles...but to each their own.

Yeah, you do have a point on that dip pattern

My vote would be color match the outer section of the grill and paint the crosshairs black. With color matching the whole thing being a close 2nd.

That's probably what I will end up doing is color matching the whole thing.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I plasti dipped my grille all black about a year ago, and it's got areas that need to be redone. I plan on getting my whole grille body color match, but leave the inserts black...

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I say colour match the outer portion and do a gloss black on the crosshair, it's not a common look and will stand out better than an all black or a complete colour matched grille which can be mistaken for a stock Sport grille.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say colour match the outer portion and do a gloss black on the crosshair, it's not a common look and will stand out better than an all black or a complete colour matched grille which can be mistaken for a stock Sport grille.

:word:

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yeah, I think I seen a white ram on here with there grille done like that. It does look cool and different.

Ummm:naughty: