What? Tundra Drivers - Ya Gotta Love 'Em

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I understand the frustration when someone ****** you off on the road but please do not return the favor.

Just wanted to show you guys that even getting mad about the littlest of thing while driving can end up very bad.

Totally agree. I'd never do a "brake check". Much too dangerous.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd be pissed too if someone flew around me then slowed down in front of me to "just above the speed limit". And then you brake check him? Wow

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah the joys of road rage, but still nothing compares to the water header paint sniffing window licking gomer pile ass hats we have in northern Cali.... its getting really bad out on the road these days and I'm just waiting to get hit, doesn't matter how much stress management and scene composure I have with all I've seen on the road with the fire department, I know I'll come uncorked...
Last time i got t-boned in my big blue diesel, Minor damage I sat in the car for what seemed like forever bending the steering wheel into 2 before I got out not to rip the kids head off that ran the red.... he started telling stories and not accepting responsibility for his actions which didn't help my cal level, but knowing the CHP officer and seeing the kids face deflate when the CHP calls me by name and he realizes I know the CHP very well calmed me down....
Its just so hard to always talk the high road.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gotta let it slide.

If ya think folks are 'disrespectful' to ya in your big RAM, try riding a 'didn't see you' MC.

Even then,,, when on a M/C, there doesn't have to be another driver involved to be a life/death situation here in Houston.

A couple of my favorites include the car hood laying in the middle of I-10,,, Or the 1500 lb bale of hay in the road,,,

I remember demo-riding a new Yamaha on the 610 loop,,, As with most demo's it was a group ride,,, We all suddenly came across a full sheet of plywood in the middle lane,,, I didn't even think twice and rode right over that sucker. Really never gave it a second thought, as 'that's life' here,,,

Plenty of crap out there to get ya,,, When it's your time, it's your time. The 'little things' aren't worth your worry, and they are ALL little things,,,

Last edited:

Squidbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand the frustration when someone ****** you off on the road but please do not return the favor.

We had a woman down here that was mad at a guy because his truck flung a rock and hit her car's windshield (Stupid reason to be pissed). Well she brake check him by locking hers up. This resulted a 3 car pileup with the 3rd vehicle being a loaded up flatbed truck. The guy in the middle was killed when the flatbed struck his truck. The lady was charged with vehicular manslaughter because she intentionally caused the wreck by break checking.

Just wanted to show you guys that even getting mad about the littlest of thing while driving can end up very bad.

Wasn't me driving, I don't brake check. I'm not willing to mess up my ride. What I do is just let off the gas and slow down to the posted speed limit. If they continue to ride my bumper, I then slow down to below the limit. Usually by then they figure it out and back off, then I'll resume the speed I was originally going. Or I'll just move my mirror and pretend nobody's there, lol. I'm not going to get a speeding ticket just so you can get somewhere faster, unless you want to pay for my ticket. This is single lane of coarse, I'm not one of those wackos that like to block up the passing lane going slower than the limit. I think cops round here love to do that. They get in the fast lane (sometimes the slow lane) but go 5 under and everyone around them get all afraid to pass them. It's hilarious.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta let it slide.

If ya think folks are 'disrespectful' to ya in your big RAM, try riding a 'didn't see you' MC.

Even then,,, when on a M/C, there doesn't have to be another driver involved to be a life/death situation here in Houston.

Around here there are two types that ride, the Harley Guys who respect (95% of them) the lane and other vehicles, then the crotch rockets that split lanes with no regard, cut cars off and are pretty much just reckless, its the norm around here that I don't see a crotch rocket that would be the fault of their own death not the cause of some idiot texting

polcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
I do a modified brake check when I have someone ride my rear. Stay on the gas but tap the brake pedal to kick on the brake lights.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't care where you are, idiots are everywhere. I get fewer people idiots around me in my truck then I do my car.

Car:
q13ACSx.jpg

My buddy has a BRZ like that and it is a blast to drive. Sadly, people intentionally do stuff to it. He caught one lady put her purse on the hood of his car why she looked for her keys parked next to him. He went off on her yelling and asking what the heck was she doing....Her reply "I'm looking for my keys. Calm down, it's not that big of a deal..." Oh and I forgot to mention that he washed and waxed it 3 hours earlier...people, shesh!

I don't get into road rage games with people on the interstate. Too dangerous. Someone wants to tailgate me, I move over and let them have the lane. It's not worth my life and I have a CCW. Had a guy get pi$$ed with me once (I think it was because I was ONLY going 15 over the limit...) and started following me. I calmly drove to the police station and was on the phone letting them know I was on the way. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot with a bunch of copcars, dude threw it in reverse and sped away. One of the guys chased him down to talk to him and I don't know what happened after that but honestly, I don't care. I have a family and I'm not going to let some idiot who is late for his ***** implant appointment take me away from them.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Almost humorous to ride (in a car) with folks who apparently have issues with 'letting it go',,,

My Wife will be the first one say 'HELL"S ONLY HALF FULL!!!!!!' when she feel's she's been 'wronged' by another driver,,,

My MIL in San Antonio,,, I drive when we are together, but I'm told when she drive's, and someone ~cuts her off~ (or basically gets in her way) she gets all pissed off, shakes her fist at them and cusses 'em out in German!!! LOL!!!!

Friggin hilarious!!!

Me? I'm more like 'WHOA!, watch out Dude!' and then I continue on my merry way,,,

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hwy 199, 38, or 20? Sounds pretty typical from my days living there. The same mindset that dictates that you can be almost on your own on sections of 1-5 when out of the blue some goof has to come flying up and if you;re in the #1 lane and move to the #2 lane they gotta cut you off to make the very next exit in less than 500 ft.

So you're the guy that camps in the left lane, huh? :roflsquared:

I can't wait until they pass the law in oregon outlawing that. I drove back from Eugene last week and did basically 54 mph the entire stretch to Salem because the campers wouldnt move out of the lane.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't get upset. I just honk to make sure they see me and go on with my life.
If honking at someone who drove poorly sets them off then they have more issues than I'm willing to deal with and then a call to the local constabulary is made.
I'm not going to use my carry pistol unless the situation can be avoided. I'm not looking to be a tough guy. I'm looking to be alive and not imprisoned.

Squidbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Around here there are two types that ride, the Harley Guys who respect (95% of them) the lane and other vehicles, then the crotch rockets that split lanes with no regard, cut cars off and are pretty much just reckless, its the norm around here that I don't see a crotch rocket that would be the fault of their own death not the cause of some idiot texting

Hey now don't lump us all in, I ride a crotch rocket and respect the laws. I have a hard enough time dealing with other drivers, than to purposely drive recklessly. I can say the same thing about automobile drivers. I've can't tell you how many times I've had drivers change lanes right into my spot with no regard, and when I honk half of them give me the bird. Wtf? Only had one lady that actually seemed to give a dang and was apologetic. We get cut off by cars almost all the time as well. Then you get other car drivers that just don't give a crap. I was leaving the Walmart parking lot (driving through the area where pedestrians cross the lane directly in front of the store) when this D-bag started driving right into me leaving from the parking row. I tried kicking his front quarter panel but he kept coming, so I started kicking the crap out of his hood. Still no change, he pushed me right up on the curb and kept going. That guy really wanted my spot I suppose. Hope he enjoys all the dent I kicked into his car and from his driving style I'm sure he won't miss his passenger side mirror I smashed off as he went by. I've also got a couple drivers that think just because you can go right on red, that they don't have to slow down and look for other traffic on the road they are turning on to. Had this one chick come flying through the red light to turn right trapping me in between her and the car in the last lane. If that was bad enough, she rolls down her window and start cussing at me like I'm the one that doesn't know how to drive. It's amazing the kind of drivers you find when you ride motorcycles.

Anyways, back to the crotch rockets. These bikes are really fun and a pleasure to ride. At least once your body acclimates to the riding position. I think the problem/hate for these bikes is really just because you got a bunch of young and dumb driving them. These dildongs will drive ******** no matter what type of conveyance they are using, it just happens its funner to do on a crotch rocket.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey now don't lump us all in, I ride a crotch rocket and respect the laws.

No, not lumping you all in there... just most around here ride the opposite as you... there seems to be a cocky douche attitude with the riders around my area. I have a few friends that ride and don't ride like that and feel the same as I do on they give the rest of ya'll a bad image. No disrespect meant, just an observation from my town.

Squidbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, not lumping you all in there... just most around here ride the opposite as you... there seems to be a cocky douche attitude with the riders around my area. I have a few friends that ride and don't ride like that and feel the same as I do on they give the rest of ya'll a bad image. No disrespect meant, just an observation from my town.

No worries, :) I was just sarcastically poking at ya a little.

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
i have noticed the tough guy attitude with a lot of the titan owners, for some reason titans seem to attract tough guys. My 5.7 smokes em all day long and they hate it.

wblv17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
He got his feelings hurt because he got a spanking.

I've been really impressed with the 5.7 in my single cab with 3:55's. From a 30 punch it feels quicker then my 15 5.0 mustang (435HP), granted the mustang is geared and lighter so it isn't really faster without heavy mods. But it a truck that weighs 1000 pounds more. And gets the same MPG

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just thinking back I made one cry one time when he got smoked by my 07 cummins.... never under estimate the Diesel :roflsquared: but he was a douche canoe about it too. But most mistake my I drive faster to not be around idiots as I want to race.... need to change my license plate to GO-AWAY

rduchateau2954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you're the guy that camps in the left lane, huh? :roflsquared:

I can't wait until they pass the law in oregon outlawing that. I drove back from Eugene last week and did basically 54 mph the entire stretch to Salem because the campers wouldnt move out of the lane.

Don't get your hopes up. We've had that law for years and it's never enforced. Did have some **** on a county highway go past with his brights on, the ninja cop behind me went all fast and furious getting turned around to get him. After cleaning my shorts I laughed the rest of the way home.

darkknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Hate drivers like that. Sometimes i just want to say screw it and hit them full on with my truck and run them off the road. i have road rage and can't stand irrogent people. i had a redneck dude in a old lifted chevy **** me off on the hwy cutting me off laughing at me even called me a "*****" cause i'm asian driving a domestic truck. i threw a snapple bottle out the windows out my driver window hit him dead square in the windshield he pulled over i drove off.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah..don't get me started on TOYOTA drivers.

I figure you gotta be a **** poor driver to even consider owning a Toyota. There's a mentality associated with Toyotas drivers I think...and its not a good one.