What Windshield Wipers Do You Run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run 24” blades. I enjoy the larger sweep and they fit great. I run Costco Michelin blades. I don’t go to auto car washes as they dry out the rubber fast. I get about a year plus out of almost every set. I get my windshield coated in aquapel every 6 months. I find it works better than rainx and I’m lazy and don’t mind paying 15 bucks every 6 months.
Saw those at Costco tonight, very inexpensive, think it was under $6 after rebate. I have always used Bosch icons, but might try ‘em at that price

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bosch Icon blades... fantastic.

Run them on all of our vehicles.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
bosch Icons

got a brand new set sitting on my garage.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
Thought I read on here that the RainX washer fluid clogs our washer pumps ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I used Rain-X fluid my ‘low fluid light’ comes on even when full. After researching the beading additive was coating the sensor, giving false alarms. Since I switched brands, I’ve had no issues.

Judy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run 24” blades. I enjoy the larger sweep and they fit great. I run Costco Michelin blades. I don’t go to auto car washes as they dry out the rubber fast. I get about a year plus out of almost every set. I get my windshield coated in aquapel every 6 months. I find it works better than rainx and I’m lazy and don’t mind paying 15 bucks every 6 months.

You use 24 on both sides?

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I've tried a lot of blades. I may try the Force ones next, but right now, I'm running Bosch Icons. The only blades I seem to be able to trust for 6-12 months. Our winters here are hard on them. Biggest disappointment for me was the Rain-X, honestly. Got maybe a couple months before they started being very noisy and streaking.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Still on my oe ones and they are probably the best ones I've run. Usually switch to bosch once the originals wear out.

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I used Rain-X fluid my ‘low fluid light’ comes on even when full. After researching the beading additive was coating the sensor, giving false alarms. Since I switched brands, I’ve had no issues.
Yup. And if you use rain-x for too long it will continue to claim it has low fluid level even if you switch to other stuff. It messed up the sensor in my old Chrysler van; thankfully it would work properly unless it was colder than maybe 5F so most times it was OK. Stay away from the rain-x fluid on most FCA vehicles.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I said in the last thread that had issues with low fluid light caused by Rainx. Buy a brush like you would use to stick down a small drain in a house. Something like a long handle bottle brush . Spin it back and forth at the bottom where the sensor is and all will be fine again . Takes about 10 seconds. I use RainX Silicone 22" blades . Seem to be as good as any

Last edited:

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Well now it’s time to buy new blades. Thanks fellas. Lol
Now to find a set that lasted as long as these oem’s have.
21 months. Our winters are more like super cool springtime weather. Haven’t seen ice or snow since 2012/13. Damn I love living in N. Texas.

The Blue Mule

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I use Trico's and swap them out the first time I see any streaking on the glass... I think I'm getting around 8-9 months out of a pair of blades... Florida sun is brutal on rubber....

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Bosch Icons on all the vehicles, including the Gator...

armallard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been using rain x since I've had my 17' with no problems then I read the thread about it clogging the sensor up and I've started using distilled water in it now will probably go back and forth with the water and Rain x. Bugs down here in the south are brutal.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I replace with Bosch Icon every Fall.