Wheel spacers or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im just posting what I have used that does work so people don't think all 12.50 tires on oe chorme clad 9"wheels rub . BFG run a hair smaller than others but they are still advertised as a 12.50. Now some one looking at KO2 may see this and now know 1 OE wheel that will work with a 12.50 tire and no spacer . Not every one wants spacers or the look ya get by using them. I understand all the other things you are saying but have nothing to do with my post

Oh boy, my response has everything to do with your post - yes I understand your position BUT the average guy looking at your post would think "oh ok well if his 12.50 BFG fit without rub then my toyo or bridgestone or whoevers 12.50 might too" and they may be but a little research is needed to determine this. An advertisted 12.50 is only really a 12.50 on a certain rim size otherwise it's not technically a 12.50. Not trying to fan any flames, you don't really make that clear till your response above.

That's all I'm trying to do is make sure it is understood by the OP.

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know how to make it any more Mistake proof I you can read than stating Specifically what I have used . If they think Toyo or Bridgsone when they read BFG I nor you could help that , some things ya just need to leave alone . If you can find something misleading about saying " I had 35-12.50-20 BFG KO2s on OE chrome clad 9"x20" and it did not rub " good luck . I look for people who have the exact same set up as I when looking for an answer to what fits because I want actual experience with that set up for accuracy . Enough said OK

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Perhaps it's just a personal concern over the spacers then but I wouldn't want do it and I'm not trying to start a debate over it.

It's all good.

But it's a fact that spacers do not have negative effects on towing within the vehicles specified limits.
20171001_111714.jpg

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know how to make it any more Mistake proof I you can read than stating Specifically what I have used . If they think Toyo or Bridgsone when they read BFG I nor you could help that , some things ya just need to leave alone . If you can find something misleading about saying " I had 35-12.50-20 BFG KO2s on OE chrome clad 9"x20" and it did not rub " good luck . I look for people who have the exact same set up as I when looking for an answer to what fits because I want actual experience with that set up for accuracy . Enough said OK

:emotions133: OK nuff' said - guess I can't read.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I’ve been running 2” Supreme suspension hub centric spacers on my 9” lifted truck with 37’s for 4 years and can’t say I’ve had any issues from
Them. Needs to be a good set and installed correctly and always checking and rechecking the lugs.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1.5" supreme suspension spacers on there way. Thanks everyone

I got a set on my workbench to install myself when I get my new tires. They are a solid piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
37 X 12.50 on stock chrome clad wheels with 1.5" spacers.Rambo with front bumper.jpeg

Bahl74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My opinion is A BIG NO......but maybe just had bad luck with them. I've heard lots of people rave about them....we put 3" wheel spacers on our Chevy(with lock tight and torqued the bolts) loved them at first but all the bolts eventually worked themselves loose enough that began to get tire wobble. I also took the extra precautions and pulled wheels after 50, 100 and 500 miles just to check if any of them had come loose. I noticed a slight vibration on my way to work one morning. Had around 700 or 800 miles on them by that time. Didn't think much about it and planned to pull the wheels that coming weekend. On my drive home after work I could hear a click coming from the front wheel and steering felt loose. I decided to pull in a parking lot. As I did I could feel the wheel flex. Long story short--they don't hold up(I replaced that first set thinking I may have done some thing wrong) I was just looking for a reason that they failed. Second set did the something. Waste of time and close to $700.00.

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
The only way they can come loose is if something stretches (studs) or something shrinks. Offshore spacers are notorious for bad quality studs which can stretch or break. Should be no difference between a torqued stock wheel stud nut and the ones in the spacers. LOTS of product says "made in the USA" but until recently they could just import form China and package it in the US and get away with the labeling.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
My opinion is A BIG NO......but maybe just had bad luck with them. I've heard lots of people rave about them....we put 3" wheel spacers on our Chevy(with lock tight and torqued the bolts) loved them at first but all the bolts eventually worked themselves loose enough that began to get tire wobble. I also took the extra precautions and pulled wheels after 50, 100 and 500 miles just to check if any of them had come loose. I noticed a slight vibration on my way to work one morning. Had around 700 or 800 miles on them by that time. Didn't think much about it and planned to pull the wheels that coming weekend. On my drive home after work I could hear a click coming from the front wheel and steering felt loose. I decided to pull in a parking lot. As I did I could feel the wheel flex. Long story short--they don't hold up(I replaced that first set thinking I may have done some thing wrong) I was just looking for a reason that they failed. Second set did the something. Waste of time and close to $700.00.

I'm not knocking your experience because it is what it is but I can tell you I've had the opposite experience. I used BORA 1" spacers in the rear of mine to match the front steering knuckle poke that the front lift created.

I had to cut my wheel studs to clearance the 1" spacer versus 1.5" long wheel studs. I torqued the bolts to 130ftlbs then installed the wheel using the same torque. I've had them on for over 50,000 miles without a single issue.

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed a 3” lift on my 2500 4x4 along with Nitto 35” tires on 17” Hoss Rims. Ditched the stock rims as it would void the Nitto warranty. Check your tire manufacturer to see if the stock rims are too narrow. No spacers were needed.

OP
OP
B

Bo Daggart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I installed a 3” lift on my 2500 4x4 along with Nitto 35” tires on 17” Hoss Rims. Ditched the stock rims as it would void the Nitto warranty. Check your tire manufacturer to see if the stock rims are too narrow. No spacers were needed.
I have the Hoss rims on my Excursion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
295/65/20 Cooper STT Pro's on stock Laramie wheels with 1.5" spacers. Truck has 6/3 bds kit. Tire stick out maybe 1/2" past the stock flares. Truck has been like this for 2 years, in the woods a few times and never a problem. Clearance is good with the uca.
20200725_150508.jpg 20200725_150542.jpg

Rader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I had to cut my wheel studs to clearance the 1" spacer versus 1.5" long wheel studs. I torqued the bolts to 130ftlbs then installed the wheel using the same torque. I've had them on for over 50,000 miles without a single issue.

I have 1 1/4" spacers behind stock wheels, the end of the studs do protrude but stock 17" and 20" Ram aluminum wheels have pockets in the castings about 1" deep on the rear of the wheels so the protruding studs simply protrude into an empty space and clear with room to spare. Installed in 2015 I have checked mine and they have never lost torque.

Last edited:

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still can't understand why people want to have their tires sticking out past the fenders. Look's stupid!

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for telling me my truck looks stupid!!!........I bet you make friends everywhere you go!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t think he meant it that way. He doesn’t like his tires sticking out and prob hates such a thing. I don’t like many other things either and thus the reason I don’t do certain things to my truck. I’ll say to Fergusontd, that’s why the equality bs doesn’t work. We’re not all equal. if it raises your blood pressure to see people not sharing the same ideas just be happy you can still mod your truck to your likes whatever they are. Maybe that can help your issues with the tires sticking out. Lol.