When to flash my key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace Winn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 Hemi
I just bought a MOPAR Remote start kit for my 2012 Ram 1500. I intend on installing the hood latch and antenna myself and having my local dealership flash my key fobs and WIN module. What I need to know is can I install everything myself first then take it to the dealer or can I get my fobs and WIN module flashed before installing the rest. I really don't want to pay someone to install something so simple but I don't want to do it wrong and ruin my truck.

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not sure if it’s the same as my 2015 but installed everything but left the old RF hub plugged in so I could drive it to the dealership then have them flash it - theoretically you’ll be able to ensure everything is correct while still at the dealership.

Make sure the dealership knows they have to unplug the old RF hub and plug in the new one before flashing it - the dealership I took mine to did not do that and I had to go back a second time to have them do so correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nick_Mac