Which 2/4 kit to pick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Belltech, Ground Force, Mcgaughys, etc....

For those that lowered their truck...which kit did you use? Why did you pick it?

What kits do you tell people to stay away

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have run all 3 kits on my trucks.

Belltech gives you the best bang for your buck out of the kits on the market. They are even running a $150 rebate right now on their 2/4 Street Performance lowering kits. Kit comes complete with 4 coil springs, 4 shocks, shorter rear swaybar endlinks, 4 new bumpstops, and a trac bar relocation bracket. We sell this kit for $479.99, so after the rebate, you are only into the kit for $330.

The McGaughys kit comes with everything above but uses the stock shocks. This isnt a bad kit, but I dont like the bouncy ride that comes with using the factory shocks. It also sits about .5" higher than the Belltech kit.

And Ground Force is a solid kit, but is fairly expensive compared to the rest. Its only a 2/3 drop, so it does not come with shorter rear swaybar endlinks or the panhard bar relocation bracket. It does come with 4 coils and 4 shocks though.

OP
OP
Grant211

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have run all 3 kits on my trucks.

Belltech gives you the best bang for your buck out of the kits on the market. They are even running a $150 rebate right now on their 2/4 Street Performance lowering kits. Kit comes complete with 4 coil springs, 4 shocks, shorter rear swaybar endlinks, 4 new bumpstops, and a trac bar relocation bracket. We sell this kit for $479.99, so after the rebate, you are only into the kit for $330.

The McGaughys kit comes with everything above but uses the stock shocks. This isnt a bad kit, but I dont like the bouncy ride that comes with using the factory shocks. It also sits about .5" higher than the Belltech kit.

And Ground Force is a solid kit, but is fairly expensive compared to the rest. Its only a 2/3 drop, so it does not come with shorter rear swaybar endlinks or the panhard bar relocation bracket. It does come with 4 coils and 4 shocks though.

Great information! Price isn't a factor....yet still confused on which one would be the best..

Thanks again

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Depends on what your looking for out of the kit. The Belltech looks the best to me because it sits lower than the other 2 kits. When paired with Hellwig front and rear swaybars, it handles great and doesnt ride too rough.

The McGaughys springs are good springs, but it sits about 1/2" higher than the Belltech. I do recommend getting some upgaraded shocks and Hellwig swaybars with this kit as well. At that point, it will ride and perform about the same as the Belltech Kit. Without the upgraded shocks, its going to be more bouncy than the other kits.

The Ground Force kit sits about the same as the McGaughys in the front, but is about .5" taller than McGaughys in the rear and about 1" taller than Belltech in the rear. Again, upgraded swaybars are recommended if you want better handling. It will ride about the same as the other kits, but slightly taller.

rtorres51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Belltech Kit. I bought the one with the Street Performance Shocks. It comes with everything to lower your Ram. Haven't had an issues yet. Bought rear Hellwig sway bar to handle better.

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Belltech on mine also. But, It is not everything you need to lower it properly. Adjustable rear upper and lower arms and adjustable panhard bar to center the axle, regain pinion angle and push the axle back 1".

20160409_140042_zpsgjo9ox4z.jpg

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I love the Belltech setup on my R/T, also went with Spohn and Hellwig parts. The truck takes off ramps/on ramps much better, brakes nicer and I find that the lowering has not affected the ride in a detrimental way. Actually the only detrimental effect was to lower my savings a tad ie: almost 3000.00.

Blackedram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
14 ram 1500 reg cab 4x4

Anyone ever use the belltech 2 4 drop on a 4x4

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
just a stupid question, why would you lower a 4x4 ?

Lots of guys lower 4wd trucks. I have lowered my last 2 4wd ram trucks. I don't need ground clearance for off-roading, but I do need 4 tires turning to get through the soft sand at the beach. Other guys do it to get traction on the street when making big power. Other guys live up north and need 4wd for the ice, but prefer the sport look. Plenty of good reasons to lower a 4wd.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Anyone ever use the belltech 2 4 drop on a 4x4

No, it will not fit. The only kits that fit the 4wd trucks are the 4wd specific ground force 2/3 kits and the mcgaughys 2/4 deluxe kit with spindles.

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm selling a Belltech Lowering Kit for $300. Let me know if you are interested.