Which flow master?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this has been asked a lot im sure. But I've been watching what feels like hundreds of exhaust videos... I like the sound of flowmasters.

I want my truck to be loud.. I have a 18" glasspack currently single pipe and it's pretty loud but wanting to go duals in the near future.

My questions are, if I want loud Id go with the super 44 or super 10 it's looking like.. But what would be the best setup .. Single in/dual out, dual in/out , or two muffler true duals? Or not a giant difference?

Just looking for help and some first hand experiences with ppl who have run some of these setups.. 44 or 40 loud enough, and the super 10 is waaaay to obnoxious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was looking super 40 single in dual out, but found a sweet deal on amazon for my borla. i just wanted the sound, so i went with it.

i have the nice sound without any other modification to my exhaust. just replaced the muffler.

if you go dual single in dual out, you still have two mufflers, so it will be louder.

if you go true dual. it will be loudest, and have the most real gain in performance.

if you want cheap and loud, i would do the super 10 as a single

if you want dual, but just wan the sound, i would go super 40 single in dual out.

if you want the power and the sound, i would go true dual, but am not sure which muffler i would, probably the lesser sounding one due to the fact that it will be louder anyway as a true dual. even my relatively mild borla is annoying to my wife on longer drives.

hope that helps.

rok

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, just want the loud setup but if it's similar sound from single in dual out as true duals might as well go the cheap route. Just not differences from all the setups

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you want loud... try the 10 series... When I got my truck the previous owner had a 10 single in dual out. That thing was LOUD. Took me less than a week to change to a 50 series.

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
it will be loud incab and that sound will get old pretty quick...I thought i was a flow guy and ran a flow 50 for a year or so and then realized i wanted to have a decent conversation incab without that loudness... the flow sound is a distinct sound that flow guys appreciate, performancewise, I immediately started running better times at the track when i swapped it out for a magnaflow.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, what magnaflow are you running ? How loud was it?

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 50 series is not too loud in the cab. It is very quiet. You can hear it, but when moving I just know it is there. I never have to turn up the volume on my music, or talk louder with passengers.

I have a short cab with log bed, so perhaps the shorter length of the cab, with the longer length of the bed makes it quieter for me.

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
sound is relative...whats loud to one is quiet to others..I didn't realize the difference until I ran a 5 x 11 x 22 magnaflow... at first start after swap my ears were ringing because it got so quiet incab, all you can feel is the rhytmic v8. It maybe a little too quiet at first but it does breakin over time and get a little louder. I also have the option to make it really loud and run dual cutouts and open them for shock value...

here is how it sounds with cutouts closed and doin a short wot run (I was trying to log wot trims and rpms)
th_GOPR0271_zpsf6868960.jpg

when I have it opened..
th_cutouts2_zps7a895401.jpg

from outside using someones phone, you'll have to go by their reaction to understand how loud it is.
th_IMG_2549.jpg

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To be fair... chefred, your truck is lowered. It is going to sound louder as it echos off the ground. My 50 series sounds quieter than your last video.

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
that makes sense...but every flow equipped truck i've ever rolled up next to..I hear their truck more than I hear mine with the windows closed (I like bein stealthy because for some reason some equate loudness to performance and needless to say, I've never lost to a flow equipped truck in any type of race). I've been there and maybe due to my age now (am a grandpappy :) ), I choose when to hear loud as opposed to hearing it all the time..

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
a big reason I also got out of flows is the tone at wot..not sure why but the sound just seems to flush out at wot..with the maggie it stays a muscular tone the whole time.. i've said this before, sound is preferential..a true flow enthusiast will appreciate it moreso than someone like me who is a little picky about sound, I've even tried 3 different maggies before finding the one I love now for the last 200k+ miles...