Which QA1 Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Slowpar R/T

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
OK, just got off the phone with TIM at QA1 - he stated the shock that would best fit our trucks need is (drum roll please) :

TS905

but he states a shock extension on top be used be used: PN# 9029-163 which would put he shock in the middle of the travel range!

So we now have it from the horses mouth...lol

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, just got off the phone with TIM at QA1 - he stated the shock that would best fit our trucks need is (drum roll please) :

TS905

but he states a shock extension on top be used be used: PN# 9029-163 which would put he shock in the middle of the travel of the travel range!

Nice job man! Like I said, it depends on who you talk to at QA1. Lol

Now order it up and get that thing install! ;) :favorites13:

DERJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These did or did NOT require modification?

Edit: Nevermind - thread says: No modifications needed lol

No mods were needed - just a typo on my side from trying to respond using my phone...:banghead:

thebeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

TS905

but he states a shock extension on top be used be used: PN# 9029-163 which would put he shock in the middle of the travel range!

That's what I have on my truck.:)

OP
OP
Slowpar R/T

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That's what I have on my truck.:)

I used TS514 & TS905 based on a conversation with QA1 - These did NOT require any modifications or additional parts for my 2014 R/T with a 2/4 drop:
http://www.ramforum.com/f39/just_installed_qa1s-73152/

Damnit! Where were you guys last week when I asked the question?? lololol :crazy:

Anyway, thanks for the responses guys! Did either of you use the extensions they recommended?

Also, are the Moog K80337 for the front or rear? lol

DERJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damnit! Where were you guys last week when I asked the question?? lololol :crazy:

Anyway, thanks for the responses guys! Did either of you use the extensions they recommended?

Also, are the Moog K80337 for the front or rear? lol

Not sure what you mean for extensions - I got the K80337 for the front and the Hellwig adjustable end links for the rear...

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice job man! Like I said, it depends on who you talk to at QA1. Lol

Now order it up and get that thing install! ;) :favorites13:

Yeah when I talked to a Rep, he didn't even have a clue guys were using QA1's on Ram, he kept telling me that they didn't produce anything and if I was sure it was a QA1 shock....

OP
OP
Slowpar R/T

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Not sure what you mean for extensions - I got the K80337 for the front and the Hellwig adjustable end links for the rear...

Apparently they are completely **** about the travel of the shock (see above about "resting shock length" lol); so if it was 1 inch longer, it would technically be in the middle of the shock's full extended and full compression range. I'm not going to bother with the damn extensions...lol

side note - just got my QA1's in today! :happy107:

Last edited: