Whipple kiiiiit!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you post the link in the other whipple thread?

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really? 2013 and up. Guess I will have to wait another 6 months.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hmmm, might have to start looking for an aftermarket warranty that would cover my truck with this. I talked to my mod friendly dealer and they said it would deny it instantly.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Ok, so the kit is $6950 for my 2015. I don't see any dyno numbers as all ready stated and in the description it says I need an unlocked pcm from sct. So does the price include the pcm when I enter the info for my truck? Is a tuner required if so is that in the price? Who unlocks Moe's pcms? Can I get his tuner and pcm for now and the whipple later? So many unanswered questions.
I did read under exclusive features there is an optional 3 year 36,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Last edited:

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, so the kit is $6950 for my 2015. I don't see any dyno numbers as all ready stated and in the description it says I need an unlocked pcm from sct. So does the price include the pcm when I enter the info for my truck? Is a tuner required if so is that in the price? Who unlocks Moe's pcms? Can I get his tuner and pcm for now and the whipple later? So many unanswered questions.

Your pcm would need to be sent off to be unlocked. Diablo charges like 200 bucks to do it. Or you can buy an already unlocked one from moes. Other option is buy the kit without the tune which will make it cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I did read under exclusive features there is an optional 3 year 36,000 mile powertrain warranty.

I saw that, gonna call them up and see confirm that they'll cover the engine, transmission, and drive axle (front and rear), plus seals and gaskets for covered components and how much extra it'll be.

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
How many people are thinking of getting one ?

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
It's pretty bad a$$. Like to see some installs and can we use hemi fever diablosport tuner as many here have this already. Also, does sct offer any anvantages like tranny tuning? Exciting times coming ahead for our trucks! Looking forward to more power....

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpg
    IMG_5144.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought that I read somewhere that the warranty only applied if you used one of their authorized installers. Not sure about this however.
Jay

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They said still 2-3 months out on the 6.4 Hemi Ram kit. Will believe it when I see it but did ask for an "honest" update:)

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I just checked their web site and still no hp numbers. I thought by now someone would have installed one, or more info might be out there.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've been MIA for quite awhile, been really busy. Anyway the whipple kit caught my eye and i was about to order it hahah hopefully keep my trans alive for awhile though...6 speed life.
Anyone on here get a kit yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Has any one ever had a set up like this on anything? I am wondering what the affect would be on a DD as far as drivability. Do these require any maintenance or rebuilding? Could I drive it to Florida and back with no worries?

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've been MIA for quite awhile, been really busy. Anyway the whipple kit caught my eye and i was about to order it hahah hopefully keep my trans alive for awhile though...6 speed life.
Anyone on here get a kit yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

From everything I've ever read, the trans will not hold up. IMO stick with NA or upgrade to a newer truck with the 8 speed.

Has any one ever had a set up like this on anything? I am wondering what the affect would be on a DD as far as drivability. Do these require any maintenance or rebuilding? Could I drive it to Florida and back with no worries?

Driveability is all in the tune. Whipple is a very reputable company so I wouldn't worry much about reliability of the hardware. In the Mustang world they have sold a ton of kits and there is very little negative feedback. But that said, it's still a new kit for the Hemi Ram and you'd be on the bleeding edge:)

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The kit is for 2013 and up. I have been emailing tech support about older 4th gens and they are looking for a test vehicle. Mine does not qualify since it is non stock. If anyone is interested just go to their website and email tech support.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The kit is for 2013 and up. I have been emailing tech support about older 4th gens and they are looking for a test vehicle. Mine does not qualify since it is non stock. If anyone is interested just go to their website and email tech support.

Just got off the phone with them. They are not looking, guess they found one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank