Whistling sound!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good afternoon

When I rev my Hemi, I can hear a whistling or ball bearing sound from the engine, AC is not on btw, I’m thinking it’s a pulley? Wouldn’t be a belt? Belt is original from 2009 and 77000 miles. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks

Kevin

OP
OP
A

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
My grandfather would have said it's whistling because it doesn't know the words... Glad it was a minor problem...

OP
OP
A

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My grandfather would have said it's whistling because it doesn't know the words... Glad it was a minor problem...

You’re telling me, I called the local dealer service manager about what’s covered under the Lifetime Warranty and the engine, he disputed I even had this warranty, once he ran my vin and had me on hold for awhile, he realized Dodge had this warranty, 2009 was the last year btw. Well the only pulley covered is the water pump pulley. Funny about what your grandfather used to say, I might use it, lol. Thanks for the response.

Kevin