Will new struts raise the front end?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I did a 2" rear drop (coils & Bilsteins) and now want to replace the struts in front.
I like the look now, but afraid new struts will raise the front and then it'll look awkward.
If I did a 2" front drop (basically a 2/2 instead of 2/4) what would I need?
Can't find a complete strut assembly that doesn't mention "restoring to factory height" or even "adds 1" to front end", and none that offer 1" or 2" lowering. All are lifting like Ranchos.

Belltech doesn't seem to sell individual components on Amazon.
Any help is appreciated.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did a 2" rear drop (coils & Bilsteins) and now want to replace the struts in front.
I like the look now, but afraid new struts will raise the front and then it'll look awkward.
If I did a 2" front drop (basically a 2/2 instead of 2/4) what would I need?
Can't find a complete strut assembly that doesn't mention "restoring to factory height" or even "adds 1" to front end", and none that offer 1" or 2" lowering. All are lifting like Ranchos.

Belltech doesn't seem to sell individual components on Amazon.
Any help is appreciated.
They won't as long as you use the factory height setting notch on say a bilstein 5100... or similar type shock(eibach)... anything like a bilstein 4600 would keep stock front height... which rear bilstein shocks did you use for rear? ... I did a 2inch mcgaugheys rear level... and was wanting to swap shocks... I'd prefer a 5100 but unsure if it would pick the ass up abit or not... as I know there ment for a 0 to 1inch lift and doubt that by compressing them an extra 2inchs would do them any good

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I used Bilstein 187350s in the rear with 2" drop coils.
Sorry I just be read your question and obviously I didnt answer it lol I thought I read it that you wanted to make sure struts would keep it stock height in the front ...my apologies...

How do you find the ride with those shocks?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So would I use OE length springs with these?
Found Maxtrac 2" lowering springs for $170, a pair of Bilsteins for $230 so I'm already at $400.
If this kit with standard replacement springs will give a 2" drop that would work.

I actually don't have any experience with the lowering struts,got a couple buddies who are running them though and they like them.My 4X4 is lowered 2" on the front using dropped spindles. Go over onto High Performance Rams on facebook and tag a guy by the name of Devon Brisbin,he's running the drop struts on his 4X4,and can clue you into them more then I can.

OP
OP
NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well, I've taken the plunge and come up with my own 2" front drop solution.
Since both my strut assemblies are shot (including the top plates & bushings) I had to find a way to replace everything, not just pop a set of drop coils in.

Ordered a pair of complete strut assemblies and a set of Belltech 4769 2" drop front coils.
Also a pair of new KYB shock bolt/bushing sets and a HD spring compressor. Total cost $360.

I'll swap the Belltechs into the new strut assemblies then have my guy install them.
This way I get all new struts but the 2" front drop I want.

Last edited: