Will pre96 Ford wheels work on a Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PARam5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Ok, I bought some wheels off a buddy of mine that were on his older Ford F150. The bolt pattern is the same, but the Ford center hubs on the wheel are ALOT bigger than the ones on my 1500. Does that matter? Reason I ask is because I put the wheels on and drove down the street. The lug nuts kept coming loose. I thought it was because the hub, but my buddy said that maybe those wheels need different lug nuts than the ones I use on my stock wheels. I'd like to use them on my truck if I can, because they have a nicer back spacing to get closer to my fender flares, but don't want to have problems. Any input on this? Thanks in advance

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
if they are not lugcentric wheels and lugs they will never stay tight

OP
OP
P

PARam5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
How do I determine if they are or arent? If they aren't, do I just get different lugs?

Here are the wheels in question.
IMAG0232.jpg

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
lugcentric lug nuts will be tapered and so will the wheel so that the lug seat into it and centers the hold on the stud

OP
OP
P

PARam5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
So I would need a mag shank style lug nut with washer? Any specific length of the shank or just so that it doesn't bottom out before the washer does?!