WIN Module Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NastyDawg74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, so I had a can of compressed air that was on the floor by the gas pedal spontaneously explode and it somehow went around the bottom part of the dash and totally obliterated my WIN Module. I have a 2011 1500 SLT 4.7, I have access to a WIN out of a 2014 Ram 1500. Obviously they changed things starting in 2013 and the wiring harness is different. Is there a way to wire the 2014 WIN harness to my 2011?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow ...that's an odd one. You should go buy a lottery ticket today. And, um ....maybe don't go up on any roofs for a while...lol :cool:

I don't know the answer if they're cross-compatible. 2013 was the year so many things changed with Rams, including electrical. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows a lot more than me. But here are a couple thoughts that may help:

1) If you go to the Mopar parts page and put in your truck's vin and search for Win module, the results might indicate which years and models fit. It's not just years, but also what options the vehicle has ...as I understand it. Maybe your other one will be compatible. If nothing else you could go to the Mopar site and get the part number or WIN style, of your blown-apart one. So you can research and compare.

2) If you just google "Chrysler Win module pinout" ...or "Chrysler Win module wiring diagram" ...and play with different search strings adding maybe "Ram" and maybe even your two win module part numbers, etc ....a lot of images, drawings & pages come up. You could compare the pin-outs. You might do the same thing with "Forums" after the search string and see what other posts on any forums come up. Remember they used them in Chrysler cars too. If the pinouts are the same, that doesn't mean they'll interchange, but if the wiring between the two was different, then you probably have a quick answer right there.

3) If it's not compatible, you might be able to get a reasonable (used) one off ebay, or a new one...whatever makes the most sense.

Maybe someone else will chime in with the exact answer to your question (hopefully). BTW what are the part numbers of your win modules?

Also...there's THIS youtube video on the different WIN Modules. In case you haven't seen it. There are a lot of WIN module videos..

Sorry I can't help more, but hopefully that gets you started. You'll have to find a wiring diagram anyway. Maybe post the part numbers of what you have and yer 'new one'. I did a quick search and a lot of possibilities came up. But w/o knowing what you have... probably better if you plug in your WIN module part numbers and search out specifically what you have and your old one. Good luck, Cheers!

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I won't speak to any Wireless Ignition Node, ( WIN ), that is newer than 2018
There are 4 models of WIN Modules

I believe that Originally, the 2009 - 2012 WIN Modules came with 2nd Series, for lack of a better term.
Apparently the 2nd Series was not built to last.

Now if you replace the 2nd Series, you will be told that the 3rd Series WIN Module is much more efficient

There is company that is more informed about Ignitions, than most other places.

They have a few videos on the subject

Hopefully companies, including Dealerships, have been able to get their Inventory built back up to normal.
There was a shortage of WIN Modules

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NastyDawg74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help. I went ahead and just got the right one. I have a habit of making things worse when I think I can figure it out myself. Now I just got to get the FOB reprogrammed.
I am still curious if I could have made it work though.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the help. I went ahead and just got the right one. I have a habit of making things worse when I think I can figure it out myself. Now I just got to get the FOB reprogrammed.

Geez, I thought I was the only one who had that habit!

I think that was a wise move though. Who knows how many hours you might have had invested?

:driver:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
most of us did not have a phone on our hips while growing up.
The internet, never heard of it until sometime in the 1980s & i had to find a person that loved to tinker with electronics as much as i liked to tinker with things with an engine, He showed me how to build a basic computer & how to turn it on.
I never could use DOS or mess around with electrons :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat