Window switch led conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
So, went and looked, my panel for moving the mirrors around lights up. Green. The leds are flat and square. Any idea what size, or how I could tell what size they are? And are these any different to replace?

OP
OP
D

dezertrage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't think that they would be any different. Mine don't light up so idk what size they are, but I know when I did the hvac controls in my honda they where square. I just replaced then with the 3mm round leds. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find some square ones.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hmmm... I'm not sure..... try lookin on ebay for leds I know they have tons

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
When I have to take off my door panels again I'll get it all apart and look. See what I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacjr1170

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Has anyone had the problem of the driver side auto switch led going out? Ive replaced it twice, it works for about a hour or so then goes out. Ive done all the other switchs (pedals, windows, heated seats) none have given me any problem just my window.

JDG103

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins H.O
ok well i figured id open this up again....has anyone done this mod recently

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is super neat-o! I like the blue LEDs and LOVE the red LEDs.

If only I had power windows and locks. hahaha!

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
did this at the end of 2011. was a pain in the a$$. rear doors werent bad and the front passenger wasnt that bad. the driver master controller was a b****! took alot of soldierin hookin up, testing, desoldiering, etc. continuously. took probably 3-4 hrs total. if you do this, ensure that you have your connections completely soldiered correctly. and the led's are positioned correctly(+ in +, - in -).

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bringing this thread back to life. I'm looking at doing this soon, is there a way to tell exactly what side is positive and negative on the led before putting it in? I saw the OP said he is no expert with it and showed a picture, but confused if the picture was right or not?

doge ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bringing this thread back to life. I'm looking at doing this soon, is there a way to tell exactly what side is positive and negative on the led before putting it in? I saw the OP said he is no expert with it and showed a picture, but confused if the picture was right or not?

99.9 % of led's have two prongs with one being longer than the other. the longer side is the positive side. i bought a bunch from ebay, like 500 of them because i like to add lights to stuff that doesn't need them.

long prong positive, short prong negative.

i'll have to do this one day. just bought the truck and first mod is a magnaflow.

harleyman2227

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did this in my standerd cab. It is a 2002 and the master switch is a major pain. Because my board was solderd down by like 16 pins. So make sure take your time and use a desoder pump. I got my board to hot trying to use the de-solder wire. The traces started to come up. So now my switches dont always work right. But it is a fun project and looks amazing. I will be doing it again to my new master switch.

kyhunter24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 24V Cummins
On the window leds, i found part number RL3-B2030, from superbriteleds.com and just wanted to make sure these are correct. thanks