Wipers acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfoshaug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flexifuel
Hi,

The wipers on my '07 is acting up. Usually i have to engage full wiper speed to get them to start. Once i got them running i can turn the interval down, and up again.

Sometimes they wont work at all. And suddenly they work.

I am thinking its the multifunction switch, what do you think?

NUTTZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes I'd deffinatly start with that

OP
OP
L

lfoshaug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flexifuel
Anyone know the correct part number for this switch? Is it hard to replace?

OP
OP
L

lfoshaug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flexifuel
I got the following DTCs;

B2348
B2305
B234C

All seems to be about the wipers. Just need to make sure I get the correct P/N before ordering a new switch. Anyone?

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I would say it could be the wiper motor itself. There is dielectric grease in the wiper motor and over time it spreads out. It might not be able to make contact anymore until you reach that high point to get them moving again.

Maybe cleaning that out would fix the issue before buying new parts and tearing up the steering column.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
If the wipers do not start until you have the switch in the full on position, it is most likely the switch that is bad. Change that first and see if it fixes your problem.

OP
OP
L

lfoshaug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flexifuel
The problem turned out to be the motor itself. I opened it up yesterday and discovered it was full of moisture and dirt. Cleaned it out and now all speed settings and intervals works.

Prior to this I also checked the speed/interval settings on the multifunction switch, and disassembled/cleaned it. It is supposed to read between 50 ohm and 1 kohm on the MFS connector when changing intervals.

Its not a hard job to do, and might be worth checking before ordering any parts.