wiring issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Heck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2007 from my friend because the transmission went into limp mode and he was tired of fixing it. well i thought it was the shifting solenoid so i replaced it and still in limp mode read the codes with superchip and can not remember what codes they were at this point. so along with hours of reading i came to a conclusion that in the transmission maybe a seal broke? When i was reading i read somewhere that the 1st and 2nd gear works on the same piston "think that is correct"? well when one of them are not all the way sealed it will not let 3rd and 4th work correct well i had another transmission i was going to install and when i was removin the transmission i noticed that there was wires by the firewall andbellhousing that were worn through.Has anyone else seen this? would this be my problem? I have the transmission ready to come out but did not want to if someone else has seen this before????

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 5.10.30 PM.png

OP
OP
M

Michael Heck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well that was not it. fixed the wireing and will not shift out of 2nd gear. I have changed shift solionoid. Or by chance do you think the wire being grounded out messed the new one up also? I looked further and the ground strap on the right side by the bellhousing was in 2 pieces . did not look like it corroed off looked prett good??????

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
well that was not it. fixed the wireing and will not shift out of 2nd gear. I have changed shift solionoid. Or by chance do you think the wire being grounded out messed the new one up also? I looked further and the ground strap on the right side by the bellhousing was in 2 pieces . did not look like it corroed off looked prett good??????
1st gear utilizes the Underdrive Clutch and the Low/Reverse Clutch.

2nd gear utilizes the Underdrive Clutch and the 2C Clutch.

3rd gear utilizes the Underdrive Clutch and the Overdrive Clutch.

4th gear utilizes the Overdrive Clutch and the 4C Clutch.

5th gear utilizes the Overdrive Clutch and the 2C Clutch.

Did you record which wires needed repairs and what circuit those wires were identified as?

With any good wiring repair should come a continuity test of those circuit. Since the harness that required repairs is the harness that connects to the transmission I would disconnect the C4 (Orange) Connector from the PCM and disconnect the connector to the solenoid pack at the trans along with the line pressure sensor and both speed sensors. Then I would OHM each circuit from the PCM C4 Orange Connector to the transmission connectors and verify that all of my wires had good continuity. I think you may find some issues and if you don't then you know your wiring is good and your diagnostics need to look elsewhere.