Xpresskit Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RP11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed Xpresskit DB-ALL with no problem, and it works great. However, the clock on my factory head unit is resetting to 12:00 when I turn the truck off. Has anyone else seen this, or know how to stop it from happening? Thanks.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine ram is the same year and I haven't had that issue with my DBALL. That's really weird. Usually the only thing that resets a head unit clock is to remove the battery 12v constant, but I'm not sure if it's the came on the CANBUS.

OP
OP
R

RP11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now in addition to the random clock issue, the truck shuts off right after ignition by key occasionally. A couple of times yesterday I had to start the truck with the key more than once to stay running.

OP
OP
R

RP11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definately not pushing the brake. The whole electrical system shut off momentarily while driving tonight. Will be uninstalling first thing tomorrow morning for safety.

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed mine today and when I got in to go to work the clock was off too. Thought it was odd ill look again in the morning after work.

Sent from my SIII using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
R

RP11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to uninstall this morning and key fob was completely unresponsive, had to use key to unlock truck. After removal everything returned to normal.

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My clock seems to be working like normal now. I wonder if you got a defective unit.

Sent from my SIII using Tapatalk 2

RyeRey521

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Yea it sounds like it... Are you able to remove the system and to a completly fresh reinstall. Thats what I would try, peharps a connection is loose. My stuff is in the mail and will be doing the install by new years. hopefully I have no issues and hopefully you get this figured out.

OP
OP
R

RP11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know it has been a while but I figured I would update this thread. As suggested I re-installed the unit with no success. The seller supplied a new harness, and the system has been working perfect for over a week now.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this same problem, as I installed mine couple days ago. all you needed was a new harness? not a new db-all unit?