Zone 1.5 Body Lift Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Finally got my Zone body lift installed yesterday. My son and his mechanic friend had it done in under 4 hours and I'm really happy with the finished product. It really compliments my maxed out Bilstein 6112 coilovers to give me a finished lift of 4 inches. I think this is the sweet spot for me as a 6 inch lift was a little too much for me. So without further ado here she is.....

54DKu6Cl.jpg

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Very nice! Great job to your son!

Thanks Jacob, I was a pretty proud dad when he rolled the finished product up the driveway. I procrastenated for 8 months on doing it myself and pretty much had given up. So with the Covid situation giving my 20 year old son so much downtime he stepped upto the plate and did a masterful job I must say!

Cheers

30stones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks awesome! How do you like the 6112’s? Did you do anything to the rear suspension? I currently have the zone 3.5 combo (1.5 body 2in spacer with zones uca’s) honestly it rides like crap with the spacer so I’ve been eyeballing the 6112 to hopefully improve ride quality.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Looks awesome! How do you like the 6112’s? Did you do anything to the rear suspension? I currently have the zone 3.5 combo (1.5 body 2in spacer with zones uca’s) honestly it rides like crap with the spacer so I’ve been eyeballing the 6112 to hopefully improve ride quality.
Don't get greedy with the height you set them at and they'll ride awesome. I'd say somewhere around 2" setting. They do end up sitting higher than the clip advertises by a little so keep that in mind.

Depending on your budget, eibach bilstein and icon all have great rear coil options for about 1/2" -1.5" lift feeling on truck application. Pair that with some fox 2.0 or 5100s out back and you'll have an all around good performing setup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got my Zone body lift installed yesterday. My son and his mechanic friend had it done in under 4 hours and I'm really happy with the finished product. It really compliments my maxed out Bilstein 6112 coilovers to give me a finished lift of 4 inches. I think this is the sweet spot for me as a 6 inch lift was a little too much for me. So without further ado here she is.....

54DKu6Cl.jpg
I believe this right here should be the factory height

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
not to sound like a dummy but can someone please explain to me the difference between a body lift and a regular lift. I think I know what it is but not sure. thinking of doing the body lift on mine...

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
not to sound like a dummy but can someone please explain to me the difference between a body lift and a regular lift. I think I know what it is but not sure. thinking of doing the body lift on mine...

Body lift is lifting the body off the frame. Suspension lift is.... a suspension lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8SpdHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

A body lift utilizes either 1.5" or 3" spacer between the frame and body of the truck to achieve the lift.

Suspension is essentially moving the axles further away from the frame to gain the lift.

This is a very basic description of either lift. Browse this forum for info, theirs lots here to read. Best of luck.

Cheers.

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
First off I have to say the ride is amazing. Keeping the trucks geometry intact obviously makes a huge difference but the 6112's are pretty bada## too. I have the Eibach 1" lift coils, Bilstein 5100's, and a Spohn Performance Track Bar in the rear as well as Timber Grove air bags and it's a real nice compliment to the front end. Being an Ecodiesel my 6112's max setting are 2.3 so technically I'm a hair under 4" but in person the stance is just right IMHO. Another game changer is my Hellwig rear sway bar set at max....these trucks set up right handle like a sports car!

Last edited: