Zone or RC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Zone or Rough Country

No this is not a lift thread but a steering stabilizer question. I like the Rough Country because it connects both sides but I like the Zone because they come white and are $40 cheaper for the duals. Are either of these worth the money or would a single stabilizer be fine?

I'm at stock height with stock wheels right now but that won't be for long so want to start upgrading the cheaper parts now to help for when the lift/wheels/tires come.

Thanks for the input

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Nothing wrong with either, but a dual unit is probably better. But honestly, you would probably be better off adding a steering box brace than upgrading the stabilizer.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Agreed... Stabilizers are nothing but aesthetic beyond one simple shock. And even that isn't really doing anything except keeping the drag link in check. They won't stop or even prevent any kind of death wobble or wander in the steering. That comes from loose ball joints and tierod ends. (Until someone makes a bracket where the shocks mount directly to the knuckles, there will be no help for wander or death wobble. When that stuff starts its because something upset the gyro forces the wheels make and they start to oppose each other. That's why you'd need a shock direct to each knuckle)
The more shocks you put on the harder it gets to turn the wheel, and the steering box is gonna hate you. There's better mods to spend your hard earned $$ on!