03 Ram 1500 4.7l - no crank, no pcm comm, no PRNDL indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselagent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Hey guys, I tried searching through the forums and all over the internet but I can't seem to get to the bottom of the issues I'm having with this truck.

I have a 2003, Ram 1500 4.7l automatic with a slew of issues. To begin, the truck was dropped off to me as no crank/no start. No square indicator around current gear. I hooked up scanner and have no communication with PCM or TCM, and a list of codes that I'll put below. The owner replaced the ignition lock cylinder and switch. Going off schematics I've found online, I checked for battery voltage to pins 11, 12, and 29 on connector C1 to the PCM, all checked out good. All fuses good. I'm not really trying to throw parts at it, I put in a new battery that I already had just to ensure accurate diagnostics and popped in a known good FCM that I had. Cleaned battery grounds, grounds along passenger fender, and ground on firewall that goes to PCM cluster. Kinda just pulling my hair out over this truck.

List of codes:
PCM - "Not Equipped"
TCM - "Not Equipped"

ABS
Mismatched Vin
SRS
Stored Loss of Ignition/run/start
Stored cluster message/mismatch
BCM
APS relay output circuit open
Loss of JTEC J1850 message
Front Right Turn Output circuit open
Horn relay output circuit open
Front fog lamp relay output circuit open
Left trailer relay output circuit open
Right trailer relay output circuit open
IPM/FCM
Front right turn output circuit open
Horn relay output circuit open
Front fog lamp relay output circuit open
Left trailer relay output circuit open
Right trailer relay output circuit open
Instrument Cluster
Cargo lamp output circuit shorted or open
Battery voltage open
PCM Messages not received
TCM messages not received
Cargo Lamp output circuit shorted or open
PCM messages not received
TCM messages not received

I also obtained C codes from the cluster

29 00
A3 22
AA 00
Ab 00
AC 94
AE 94

I would really really appreciate any help anyone can offer. A couple days ago I was just jiggling wires around and tapping on the FCM and the PRNDL indicator came on for about half a second until I went to crank, then it went off again. The fact that it came on then went out when cranking makes me think a poor connection somewhere, I just don't know where else to look.

Thanks for reading

houserco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8
I'm assuming you resolved this one by finding an issue with the negative lead or ground?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357