05 PCM swap Issue(?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently did my PCM swap over two days, first day was just the spark plug harness, second day was the full harness. After changing the spark plug harness I noticed a popping sound coming from the passenger side exhaust while driving, most commonly at or above 1500 RPM.

When the harness was built I opted for the 06+ coil pack upgrade as well. The harness was built by someone that works for dodge and has all the wiring diagrams available and we have determined that it isn't a wiring issue. The exhaust smells of raw fuel, so I am assuming that there may be a plug in the wrong coil pack but everything seems to be where it should be, no misfire codes either.

Anyone have any insight?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That'll do it....the wires or the coil connectors? You did mention doing the coil upgrade...

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Well done..

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That'll do it....the wires or the coil connectors? You did mention doing the coil upgrade...

It was just the plug on the wrong coil pack haha.

The wires looked like they all went to where they were supposed to go based on length but I was wrong.

Sgtgoody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Is there a write up on how to do this. I have an 04 and I am interested in this thanks.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's lots of them out there. Not entirely certain the 04 needs much if anything to do the swap.