09 Laramie Randomly dies while braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardcoretexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently my truck has started dying, at first it would occur if I hit the brakes hard(didn't think much about it), now it has started dying more frequently and without any notice(still random). It always starts back up and runs(except once, I had to restart twice) and goes on. Its almost like the power or fuel gets shut off and its not like its when I hit a pot hole or anything, it has me stumped.
Plugs were changed at 100k, everything is pretty much stock, no mods or add-ons either.
Any help would be appreciated. Currently 160k miles on the odometer.

Jtblackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I havent experienced it, but ive heard people on here mention that it could be a faulty ignition switch

RyanMac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a similar issue with my '11 when coming to a stop it would sputter and die. If i let of the brake momentary and pressed it again the truck would stay running. No codes were ever thrown. tried many fixes recommended by others on the site, I ended up solving it with a new throttle body

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve had this problem.

By chance I was scanning through my EVIC when it did this and I noticed my oil pressure really dove when it would stall out like you’re describing.