12.0 touchscreen display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rpigg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New 2022 Ram 1500 12” touchscreen display. I have had the truck a week and randomly when I remote start the truck and get In and hit the start button the Touchscreen display stays black no way to turn on radio plays volume works but screen is black only way to get to come back on is to shut truck off for a few minutes and then it works. Anybody have any issues with the same ?

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep. I’d say I’ve had that experience 2-3 times over 2 years with my 2019 1500 Limited and once now with my 2021 Power Wagon. I think it’s related to a Uconnect update that happens without notice and the time it takes to fully reset itself. It corrected itself for me after a day or two. Take it to the dealer if it’s lasting longer than a week, but I think it’ll pass. At least it did for me.

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New 2022 Ram 1500 12” touchscreen display. I have had the truck a week and randomly when I remote start the truck and get In and hit the start button the Touchscreen display stays black no way to turn on radio plays volume works but screen is black only way to get to come back on is to shut truck off for a few minutes and then it works. Anybody have any issues with the same ?
Yep. My 2022 Laramie has been to the dealership four times since I picked it up in December for issues with the 12" UConnect screen. Black screen. Freezing. Losing settings.

Dealership has been great, but there's not much they can do until an update is pushed. Apparently there is one coming Q1 2022 that is supposed to help with these issues. I contacted Ram Cares, but there has been no response.

OP
OP
Rpigg

Rpigg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you Very much

Podcast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've not had the black screen but occasionally the back up camera will not work. Restart and it works fine. Also, my radio presets reset every time I shut the truck off. PITA for sure and I hope the upcoming update fixes this issue.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
OP, there is an on/off to turn the screen on/off. If you remote start and the screen is black, have you tried just pushing the button to turn the screen on right then instead of waiting to see if comes on by itself?

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my 2022 with the 12in screen. The finance manager has the same screen and he was telling me there is a glitch in the system. He was just telling me so I knew before it happened but he did say it is a software issue and we should see a update in about a month or so. I've only had the truck for a week still no issues.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I got a software update with the map update I purchased for my 2020 with the 12" screen. Did the software update a week or so ago, haven't had time to install the map update yet. Both updates take a very long time, and who has any time at all these days (probably won't bother buying another map update due to that experience...) But today the screen is completely dead, no sound, no nothing. Worked fine after the update every day. Stopped and started the truck a few times during the day, and it has not come back yet. Looks like I'll be driving mine to the dealership tomorrow. Oh well...

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Update for my situation where my radio display was 100% dead: I decided to try the fuse pull fix. It worked.

Here's what I experienced in that. I pulled both F12 and F44, if I recall F12 was the amp and suggested by someone else on the webs. F44 is the main radio unit in the dash. Upon first start I was asked for a security theft code, which of course I didn't have. So I shut down the truck and restarted it again in a couple minutes, then it was good to go, almost... The last part was the XM radio which took another 24 hours to finally show up. Anyway, I'm now back to 100% and know exactly how to do it.

The internal fuse panel can be found under the steering column, need to remove two 1/32" head screws under the bottom edge of the cover, then pop the cover off. This guys shows how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSPLPjF4Xw&t=77s
Here's the fuse layout (click on "internal" at the top) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VxRVUD2OQAHu9HuZ2RizI0IPAAN2ab3Kg3xx/pubhtml#

I think that removing only F12 might work too, as suggested elsewhere. And might not reset the radio so much as it did for me. But removing both F12 and F44 definitely works.

Spending 3 days without the backup camera showed me how much I rely on that darn thing :)

Bigredv3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Yep. My 2022 Laramie has been to the dealership four times since I picked it up in December for issues with the 12" UConnect screen. Black screen. Freezing. Losing settings.

Dealership has been great, but there's not much they can do until an update is pushed. Apparently there is one coming Q1 2022 that is supposed to help with these issues. I contacted Ram Cares, but there has been no response.
You might check the lemon law in your state, some have a 3 times for same problem and the have to buy back your vehicle for a full refund. Perhaps RAM needs to be reminded of this so they will step up to the plate and fix the issue. My 2022 3500 Limited Long Horn has had issues with the screen blanking and slow response since the day of delivery in late November. It has 5800 miles on it and even after updating it via WiFi it still is intermittently acting up. I’m surprised that there haven’t been accidents caused by the screen locking up/blanking since there’s no way to shut off seat heat or steering wheel heat while blanking out. Also it’s very frustrating to have Apple Maps gone just when you need it to work.

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might check the lemon law in your state, some have a 3 times for same problem and the have to buy back your vehicle for a full refund. Perhaps RAM needs to be reminded of this so they will step up to the plate and fix the issue. My 2022 3500 Limited Long Horn has had issues with the screen blanking and slow response since the day of delivery in late November. It has 5800 miles on it and even after updating it via WiFi it still is intermittently acting up. I’m surprised that there haven’t been accidents caused by the screen locking up/blanking since there’s no way to shut off seat heat or steering wheel heat while blanking out. Also it’s very frustrating to have Apple Maps gone just when you need it to work.
It is very frustrating - especially for the price that you pay. And @RamCares has been COMPLETELY silent on this. No support whatsoever. Unfortunately, I am in Canada, so the laws are (no doubt) a little different. This is my third Ram I have owned and is by far, the most disappointing one. Every day I wish I had kept my 2019. They certainly aren't creating brand ambassadors when they refuse to help customers (or even answer their inquiries).

For now, if I am going to be driving a long distance in the cold weather, I don't turn the seat heaters or steering wheel heat on in case it gets stuck. I also don't use Apple Car Play because that seems to freeze a lot. LOL, it feels like it's easier just to walk...

Awokenotwoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2022 Rebel GT with 12 screen has blacked out twice and been funky with flickering multiple times. Went to dealer both times it went black. After about an hour and multiple ignition cycle starts it returned. Dealer indicated it needs an update which has not been issued yet.

Also figured out that both times this happened I was parked at the exact same spot at the side of a gas bar building while I went in a grocery store. Makes me wonder if the system is susceptible to interference from other electrical/wifi or other communication equipment, and loses connectivity.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2022 Rebel GT with 12 screen has blacked out twice and been funky with flickering multiple times. Went to dealer both times it went black. After about an hour and multiple ignition cycle starts it returned. Dealer indicated it needs an update which has not been issued yet.

Also figured out that both times this happened I was parked at the exact same spot at the side of a gas bar building while I went in a grocery store. Makes me wonder if the system is susceptible to interference from other electrical/wifi or other communication equipment, and loses connectivity.
You know, Its interesting you mention interference, not saying you are wrong, but on my 12" with android auto, I can literally drive down the road and while on the interstate in almost the exact same overpass mine will glitch and then come back a few seconds later, I was starting to think it was a time related thing. IE its been on for 15 minutes and then it panics and recovers, but I have not payed enough attention to see if it repeats every X amount of minutes. when you drive to the exact same spot does it take you pretty much the exact same amount of time to get there?

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I just got my 2022 with the 12in screen. The finance manager has the same screen and he was telling me there is a glitch in the system. He was just telling me so I knew before it happened but he did say it is a software issue and we should see a update in about a month or so. I've only had the truck for a week still no issues.
Yeah, good luck with a Ram update! My 2019 Laramie has a similar problem Ram keeps saying they will have an update, now 3 years later they are still telling me an update is coming! Lol! The issue is when i try to use my Navigation to direct me somewhere it says " offline". I have had the entire nav unit replaced, many reboots etc. Waiting 3 years for an update. Not to mention my battery went dead while under the 3 year warranty, i sent in all requested replacement invoices from AAA , no response. When i emailed ram they said case has been closed. No reason why. I have emailed them 8 times asking why case closed with no reimbursement and of course, NO REPLY! RAM DOES NOT CARE!!!!

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, good luck with a Ram update! My 2019 Laramie has a similar problem Ram

Mine did a over air update the other day. I have only had one issue with my 12in screen so far and reset and open my door fixed it. Not one problem since.. for your battery you should of called the dealer first not AAA. most dealers will come get you for warranty work. Their mind set is anyone can produce a invoice hard to prove you wrong and lots of shady people out there. I believe any auto manufacturers have it set that way all warranty work has to be preformed by dealer and not 3rd party be covered.

Awokenotwoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You know, Its interesting you mention interference, not saying you are wrong, but on my 12" with android auto, I can literally drive down the road and while on the interstate in almost the exact same overpass mine will glitch and then come back a few seconds later, I was starting to think it was a time related thing. IE its been on for 15 minutes and then it panics and recovers, but I have not payed enough attention to see if it repeats every X amount of minutes. when you drive to the exact same spot does it take you pretty much the exact same amount of time to get there?
Yes, it was the same amount of time each occasion. However, when I did the same run from my house to the same area but parked in a different spot away from the building this event did not happen. This is what made me think of the interference issue. I guess for confirmation I could park in that spot again and see what happens. If it is interference then something is out of spec with the electrical/digital equipment in the gas bar building, not necessarily something wrong with the Ram.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed when I parked my truck last night it said there is a firmware update.. I installed the update, it was better today, but not perfect, the android auto cut out like before but not as bad, in fact in the same exact places even, but it did not fully disconnect and tell me that I needed to plug my phone in to continue.

Awokenotwoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I did park twice more in the exact spot and it didn’t happen either time. But, what I’m finding is the system is entirely buggy, (unless!) It is in the middle of updates. Every couple of days the Home Screen doesn’t work, or the radio volume freezes, or the header is not showing, or the 3 panel screen will only show 2 panels, and sometimes all at the same time.

Today when it happened I went to the Nav screen and back to the Home Screen and it was working well after that. Shut the vehicle off and when I re-started the Nav screen came up. Entirely weird. So I go to the dealer and explain to the the tech guy what is happening. He says not beyond the realm of possibility that the radio needs to be replaced for a bad chip - it happens often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota