14 Express 3" PA, and 3x1.5 level!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys just thought I would show you my truck all you guys unknowingly helped me in figuring out what to do.:) Its a 14 express with 3" spacers in the front and 1.5" out back, zone upper arms, and a 3" PA body lift. 35-12.5-20 federal couragia M/T tires with 1.5 wheel spacers.

Just waiting for my mopar tube steps to come in from the dealer. I'm 6'3 and need to do some mild gymnastics to get in! I think im done untill the savings account grows back for some bushwacker pocket flares.

Cheers for all the help and an awesome forum with great members!:cheers:
2002tnb.jpg
14uezbc.jpg
heres one mid-instal of the body lift
6tihwm.jpg

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it a 4x4? Just wondering if you have any CV shaft vibration.

OP
OP
jakekinney

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is a 4x4 and I haven't had any vibrations from the axles that I know of. I was concerned about not having the diff drop brackets but honestly there is very little angle in the cv joints once its sitting on its own weight. When I had it on the lift putting the spacers in, once i got the struts bolted back in the axles looked pretty scary though. As for actually driving in 4 wheel drive that i couldn't tell you just because I haven't tried it yet.

OP
OP
jakekinney

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If anyone is curious and wondering what the angle of the axles are on a 3" spacer this is it

2gwrepj.jpg

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good lookin' stance. :waytogo:

My axles are about the same as your and I have the damn vibration in 4WD. I have Bilstein 5100's at 2.8" up front. It only happens while in 4WD though.

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you like the tires? I have the same truck in a 2wd and I ordering the 4.5" maxtrac lift Monday with a set of ballistic razorback wheels and I was going to get the same tires.

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going with them since there is a big price difference and with the lift and wheels I was trying to save some cash on tires since I don't drive that far. It was interesting to see the truck with the stock wheels since they are only 20x8's I though ia 12.5" tire would be too wife but they look great. If it wasn't for the spindle lift pushing the front out and making it harder to even out the tires I would have used the stock wheels after seeing what they look like on the same truck I have.

OP
OP
jakekinney

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly the only reason I got those tires was the price. 1200 for all 4 compared to 1600-1800 for a more popular name brand and they are great. Not terribly loud and they are wearing nice and even with 45psi.

It was a hell of a fight mounting them on the stock rims but i think it was worth it. The only thing i can say is make sure you have access to a good tire machine that can do super low profile tires or take them somewhere that does them alot because I had to put up the same fight I normally have to for like a 35 or 40 sidewall tire. But all in all they fit and look great on the 8 inch rims but boy do you have to work to get them on haha

5point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys just thought I would show you my truck all you guys unknowingly helped me in figuring out what to do.:) Its a 14 express with 3" spacers in the front and 1.5" out back, zone upper arms, and a 3" PA body lift. 35-12.5-20 federal couragia M/T tires with 1.5 wheel spacers.

Just waiting for my mopar tube steps to come in from the dealer. I'm 6'3 and need to do some mild gymnastics to get in! I think im done untill the savings account grows back for some bushwacker pocket flares.

Cheers for all the help and an awesome forum with great members!:cheers:
2002tnb.jpg
14uezbc.jpg
heres one mid-instal of the body lift
6tihwm.jpg

I joined this forum specifically for your truck! That thing is perfect first off! I have a 14 Black Express quad cab and was highly considering the 35" federal a on stock wheels as well as the 3/1.5 lift and level kit.. My question is do you think I'd clear 35s without adding the 3" BL? And also are the wheel spacers for clearance issues or just for looks? On that note, anybody out there running 35s on just the 3/1.5" front+rear spacers? Thanks guys

Eddie30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm running 35 inch cooper stt tires, 3 inch spacers up front and 2 inch out back and quarter inch wheel spacers, no rubbing at all

OP
OP
jakekinney

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I joined this forum specifically for your truck! That thing is perfect first off! I have a 14 Black Express quad cab and was highly considering the 35" federal a on stock wheels as well as the 3/1.5 lift and level kit.. My question is do you think I'd clear 35s without adding the 3" BL? And also are the wheel spacers for clearance issues or just for looks? On that note, anybody out there running 35s on just the 3/1.5" front+rear spacers? Thanks guys

I had the 35s on with just the level for about 2 weeks before i got the time to throw the body lift on. And the wheel spacers are mainly just for looks. I found out that a .25 spacer was needed for 12.5 on stock rims so I just went 1.5 because I enjoy the look and dident have the funds for aftermarket rims. Plus I quite like the stock black rims.:waytogo:

5point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running 35 inch cooper stt tires, 3 inch spacers up front and 2 inch out back and quarter inch wheel spacers, no rubbing at all

Awesome, do you have pics of how your truck sits on the 3/2"? I'm torn between just 2.5 front or 3/1.5 or 3/2 I'd assume there is a slight rake with the 3 front 2 rear

I had the 35s on with just the level for about 2 weeks before i got the time to throw the body lift on. And the wheel spacers are mainly just for looks. I found out that a .25 spacer was needed for 12.5 on stock rims so I just went 1.5 because I enjoy the look and dident have the funds for aftermarket rims. Plus I quite like the stock black rims.:waytogo:

Good info, thanks man! Yeah after my monthly payment I can't fund new wheels either lol but the stock ones are nice IMO too! Did the 35s look stuffed without the BL? I'm also considering 305 55/33x12.50 or 295/60 which is like 34x12. Did you get a big loss in fuel mileage after the 35s? I got the 6 speed and 3.92 gears also if anybody else has this combo.. I should be better off than with 3.55s?

Eddie30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do have pics but I can't figure out the photo bucket thing unfortunately

Eddie30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 3/2 looks good with 35s in my opinion tho

OP
OP
jakekinney

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome, do you have pics of how your truck sits on the 3/2"? I'm torn between just 2.5 front or 3/1.5 or 3/2 I'd assume there is a slight rake with the 3 front 2 rear

Good info, thanks man! Yeah after my monthly payment I can't fund new wheels either lol but the stock ones are nice IMO too! Did the 35s look stuffed without the BL? I'm also considering 305 55/33x12.50 or 295/60 which is like 34x12. Did you get a big loss in fuel mileage after the 35s? I got the 6 speed and 3.92 gears also if anybody else has this combo.. I should be better off than with 3.55s?

It dident look very stuffy at all with out the body lift. But now with a total of 6 inches up front and 4.5 in the back anything less than a 35 would seem almost to small honestly. I havent measured but im 6'3 and the truck is roughly 8-12 inches taller than i am from the looks of it.

As for gas milage i was getting about 16mpg stock with a 6 speed and 3.55s. Im running about 13.5 now going to work in town and 14.5 out in the highway.