14 Ram 1500 Superchip F5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brucey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FCB1A0EA-0243-4F94-A2F9-BC6EB9516067.jpeg I have a 14 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemI I bought a superchip f5. I plugged it into my obd it memorized my truck then said needed update, So I updated it with the update agent from super chips then plugged it back in and went to change my tire size then throw the eco run on and it went through the updating process then programming got to the end and starting clearing codes then it said programming error and went into recovery mode. I thought it was weird so I hit ok and it started the process again I hooked up my Snap-on battery pack and set it to 13.2 volts so there was no way power loss could have been an issue and I shut all windows doors and turned off radio then tried again yet it still failed and at this point my truck wouldn’t start or do anything so I called superchip support he made me run it through again and nothing obviously then asked if I’d shop my pcm out to them and they ship it back. I said screw that and unplugged my battery terminals held them together thinking it would reset but it didn’t I ended up having to call a buddy with a Chrysler scanner to reflash my pcm.. anyone else have an issue like this and find a fix? The company I bought it from won’t take it back so I’m really not trying to waste this money. Thank you sorry if this post doesn’t belong I couldn’t find any others that were close to this

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 176440 I have a 14 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemI I bought a superchip f5. I plugged it into my obd it memorized my truck then said needed update, So I updated it with the update agent from super chips then plugged it back in and went to change my tire size then throw the eco run on and it went through the updating process then programming got to the end and starting clearing codes then it said programming error and went into recovery mode. I thought it was weird so I hit ok and it started the process again I hooked up my Snap-on battery pack and set it to 13.2 volts so there was no way power loss could have been an issue and I shut all windows doors and turned off radio then tried again yet it still failed and at this point my truck wouldn’t start or do anything so I called superchip support he made me run it through again and nothing obviously then asked if I’d shop my pcm out to them and they ship it back. I said screw that and unplugged my battery terminals held them together thinking it would reset but it didn’t I ended up having to call a buddy with a Chrysler scanner to reflash my pcm.. anyone else have an issue like this and find a fix? The company I bought it from won’t take it back so I’m really not trying to waste this money. Thank you sorry if this post doesn’t belong I couldn’t find any others that were close to this

company wont take it back?? did you pay with a CC ?? if so file a charge back against them and when CC company asks for DOCs see if your friend will make you a receipt for coming over to reflash your PCM... that generally lights a fire under the company you bought it from