'18 Power Wagon BDS Crossmember bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

War_Machinist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Had the BDS 4" kit installed on my 2018 Power Wagon. The guys at my offroad shop who installed it said the crossmember bracket that came with the BDS kit is not required. They mentioned they BDS said that the crossmember bracket could cause excess vibration and driveshaft failure over time.

My question is then why would BDS include the crossmember bracket with the power wagon 4" kit if it is not needed?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would say it IS needed, and that WITHOUT it you could get excessive vibration. Pretty sure that kit clocks the tcase a little, which is why there is a new bracket.

OP
OP
W

War_Machinist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I would say it IS needed, and that WITHOUT it you could get excessive vibration. Pretty sure that kit clocks the tcase a little, which is why there is a new bracket.
You think they were probably just too lazy to do it because it may have required some exhaust modifications to fit?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup sounds like laysinezz, I know when we did the 8" BDS on my buddies 3500 that cross member was a *****,

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Had the BDS 4" kit installed on my 2018 Power Wagon. The guys at my offroad shop who installed it said the crossmember bracket that came with the BDS kit is not required. They mentioned they BDS said that the crossmember bracket could cause excess vibration and driveshaft failure over time.

My question is then why would BDS include the crossmember bracket with the power wagon 4" kit if it is not needed?
That’s not an off road shop. The bracket is the easy install indexing the transfer case the fun part. The also come with shims to space the trans properly in the event of a driveline vibration. However anyone making up excuses makes me think what other corners were cut?

OP
OP
W

War_Machinist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I will be contacting BDS on Friday after family stuff and will let yall know.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

OP
OP
W

War_Machinist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Update: was finally able to get a reply from BDS and they said it is absolutely necessary or they would've made it an optional kit to include with the whole system.

Well, this sucks, looks like I'm done with that shop and gonna have to spend more money to get it done right.

Thank you all again for the replies!