1984 cam swap suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McClayS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1984 318 engine block and it was built for a flat tappet cam and lifters. I plan on changing it to a roller cam and lifters and such with good low end torque, Good fuel eco and reliable. Semi stock. Im having troubles finding one. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Find a 90's to 03 360 magnum and swap that in. Better heads and a roller cam. Fairly cheap carb manifolds for them as well.

OP
OP
M

McClayS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Find a 90's to 03 360 magnum and swap that in. Better heads and a roller cam. Fairly cheap carb manifolds for them as well.

Im turning it into a fuel injected outfit i got a manifold with heads. Anything brand new for cams?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im turning it into a fuel injected outfit i got a manifold with heads. Anything brand new for cams?

Ah, you're retrofitting magnum heads to an LA block?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ah ok, that simplifies things. Try Hughes engines, they live small block Mopar. If memory serves there was also a cam company (Crane or Comp) years back that came out with retro rollers across small and big block Mopars.

OP
OP
M

McClayS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah ok, that simplifies things. Try Hughes engines, they live small block Mopar. If memory serves there was also a cam company (Crane or Comp) years back that came out with retro rollers across small and big block Mopars.

Alright cool. Ill go check it out