1994 1500 wrecking yard leaf spring upgrades ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yarddogg77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hello. I have a 1994 1500 Ram which I bought a few years ago. It is un tampered with, no lift, all bone stock. I went to get tires put on it the other day, and noticed it looks like my leafs are worn out. At the point where the leafs ride on the factory blocks, the spring seems to bend a little in the wrong direction. I almost believe it is that way from the factory. Anyway, I'm not looking to lift the truck, but I hate factory lift blocks, or any lift blocks. They cause pinion hop, wheel hop and really ruin the ride. I want to get rid of the blocks, but I really don't want lift. I'm looking for some wrecking yard springs with more arch, then I want to rebuild my spring packs to get rid of the lift block. Any suggestions as to what vehicle I could get them from? I know some of the 2500 and 3500 trucks are higher from the factory, but are they higher due to a taller block, or is there more spring arch?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Post a pic so we can see what you got .

69_XS29L

Reaction score
Ram Year
'95 2500 4x4 '03 OffRoad 1500 '85 W350 4spd
Engine
8L V-10, 5.7L Hemi, 360 4bbl
3/4 - 1 ton leaves are 3 in wide not the 2.5 your 1500 has. Junkyard springs. Swap them out. Stock blocks aren't that tall. Add a leaf to your pack. Dodge did this to the right side spring, forward of the axle on the late 60's R/T package for the Charger among many others. Helped stop axle wind up.
Could fab/change the front mounting point to eliminate some of the block. Consider tuning out the internet parrots squawking about axle windup. Go make power and have fun.