2/4 Lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICEBOXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I been looing into the lowering kit for the 4th gen to fit the 5th gen .
By all the homework it all looks the same .
I had one on my 4th gen and switched to the INEZ kit . Sold the kits before trading to get the 5th gen truck ...
Not a fan of the INEZ kit because of the poor quality of the bushings and the squeaking on every bump .
I could go on and on about that kit .

I emailed Jason with McGaughy's suspension company and he said noting being made at this time .
Is all he would tell me .
this is his email
[email protected]

maybe everyone should give this guy a call or email . maybe we can get something started sooner .

1badws6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maxtrac suspension just came out with a 2/4 kit for both 4th and 5th gens. I just ordered the kit for my 2019 for $430 shipped. Damn good deal. Check them out.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1badws6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Maxtrac 2/4 kit uses specific struts up front with an adjustable snap ring/collar to achieve the drop from 0-3". It keeps the stock springs.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yes, and I talked to Eric from Maxtrac at SEMA, said truck rode like stock...truck looked awesome too!!

1badws6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Excited to see how it rides as well. Hope to install it the week after Xmas. I'm a little worried about the shocks/struts not lasting very long, similar to the drop shocks sold in most lowering kits. But hopefully that won't be an issue. I'll share pics of before and after as well.

OP
OP
I

ICEBOXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the Maxtrax I would recommend getting the adjustable upper control arms from IHC before you install the kit to help with the alignment problems you are going to run into without them . destroy your tires

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ICEBOXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes, and I talked to Eric from Maxtrac at SEMA, said truck rode like stock...truck looked awesome too!!

It’s not going to ride like stock !
Not with just dropping the location of a strut . To achieve a lower setting .
To really get the ride quality you are going to need to do a spindle to achieve the ride quality. .

1badws6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To really get the ride quality you are going to need to do a spindle to achieve the ride quality. .
If the strut was designed to be in the optimal stroke range at the lowered setting and the stock springs are used, I don't see why it wouldn't ride close to stock. I know for sure it'll ride better than my 4th gen with the ground force 2/3 kit, just based on the springs alone.

As far as the Inez uppers, probably not a bad idea. My 4th gen lowered 2" aligned perfect and didn't wear tires prematurely. But the 5th gen may be a little different. I'll install the kit at 2.5"/4" and see how the camber is. If the uppers are needed, I'll make the purchase then.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Have you riden in a truck with their new kit?

OP
OP
I

ICEBOXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you riden in a truck with their new kit?
I have been lowering truck all my life and I have even done the same thing on another truck and didn’t ride like stock

plus I even messaged the company on FB and they even said it would cause the truck to ride a little stiffer and you won’t be able to get the alignment 100% back to specks .

OP
OP
I

ICEBOXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m not trashing the kit in any way !
I myself don’t want to hurt the ride of my truck to get it to set lower .
I want to lower mine but rather run Spindle on the front and keep the ride .

With the Max kit to gain the correct alignment you will need to get upper control arms from Inez to adjust it to work to get the proper alignment. .

OP
OP
I

ICEBOXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey how's it going? I saw your questions and comments on a few of the Ram lowering pictures and wanted to message you. We do not plan on making Ram lowering spindles at this time. The struts will firm up the ride a bit and you are correct, on the Ram trucks, the alignment does not fully go 100% into spec. I just wanted to be honest with you and not sugarcoat anything since you seemed extremely cautious and particular about the type of lowering kit you were interested in. Please let us know if we can answer any other questions for you. Thank you and have a great day

This was from MaxTrax

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing about getting the arms from Inez is there are no kits that fit or claim to work with the 4x4 trucks.... Inez said specifically 2wd ONLY ... So they must know it won't work for a 4x4 otherwise they'd market it as such, and sell more right??

Anyone done a 4th to 5th swap attempt to see how exactly similar they are?