2 gen. early '01 (2/00) Heaflight Assy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrOzone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Can someone please confirm what years have same Headlight Assy. Also do all Models use the same headlight Assy. I want to buy Halo Ring LED Projector Replacement Headlight Assys.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
They are all the same except for the 99-01/02 sport model. Those are easy to tell apart because they have a clear lens and 2 bulbs in each housing. If you have the sport model you are better off keeping what you have. No aftermarket headlamp will give you better output. I've tried pretty much every combination you can on these trucks and they are by far the best option for visibility. The only difference with the standard lamps is in 96 or 97 they switched from a 9004 bulb to a 9007 which is only a wiring difference. Most aftermarket lights that take dual H1 or H3 bulbs come wired for the later 9007.

OP
OP
M

MrOzone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Thanks Nealuss, That is what I needed to know! My Ram is not a Sport model. I like the idea of the Halo lights for DRL's. Not sure how bright the Halo's are. Have you tried them?

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
I was never a fan of the halos so I had projectors without the halos. The halos I have seen are not very bright, but are good enough for someone else to see you coming, which is the point of a DRL.

OP
OP
M

MrOzone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Thanks again. I think I we'll order a pair with Halos to try. If I don't like them, I well return them.