2003 Dodge disabled. Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wapiti7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I live in a very remote area and subsequently have to do all of my own maintenance. The batteries in my own three were getting very old and weak so I decided to change them. I took out the old batteries and the truck sat for about 5 days before I was able to get to Albuquerque and get new batteries. I was able to get the 2 new batteries back in the truck today but the truck seems to be disabled. The remotes don't work and there is no power going into the truck. The batteries are fully charged but there is no power going to the dash or any other system. Nothing All I get is the security light on the dash flashing and a very loud clicking somewhere behind the dash. I have replaced the batteries several times since buying the truck new and have never had this happen. I am at a complete loss and need the truck running! Thank you for any help.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like a ground/connection issue from the batteries also you didnt hook them up backwards or anything right?

OP
OP
W

Wapiti7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty sure they're correct.But hell.....I've done dumber! I hooked up the passenger side pos then neg. then the drivers side positive, then the negative. As soon as I hooked up the negative, the clicking and alarm light of the dash started blinking. There is no power anywhere in the truck. The remotes don't work. I know it's something stupid........But :)

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Pretty sure they're correct.But hell.....I've done dumber! I hooked up the passenger side pos then neg. then the drivers side positive, then the negative. As soon as I hooked up the negative, the clicking and alarm light of the dash started blinking. There is no power anywhere in the truck. The remotes don't work. I know it's something stupid........But :)
Sent you a private message

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the batteries hooked up right, check ground from battery to frame, positive cable from battery to starter, Is there a fusible link in that connection to the starter, do you know how to ohm it out for good continuity.