2003 Ram 2500 stuck in park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03grayfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Everyone--I am new and just found this site. I have a 2003 ram 2500 with 5.7 hemi. About 2 months ago I went to use my work truck. It started up but wouldn't shift out of park. I did a little research and found I could unplug the connector near brake switch and it would would shift out of park. That is my work around for now but would like to plug connector back up so truck would work as designed. Any ideas? When I hit brake pedal and turn ignition, the little pin mechanism near ignition switch appears to be disengaging like it's supposed to. Could it be the brake switch? I wanted to her from the Ram experts before just buying parts.

CharlesinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins 305 hp HO
If you do replace the brake light switch, it is imperative that you follow the instructions in the box that come with it. You have to follow a procedure and then pull a pin. Once the pin is pulled, thats it. If you didn't follow the instructions, the switch is out of adjustment and cannot be changed after that.

Charles