2004 front end on a 2013?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys
2004 front end on a 2013 ram 1500 can it be done??

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything can be achieved with enough money and fabrication. Direct bolt-on probably not.

OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Perfect
My winter project : 2013 to 2004 convertion
Direct bolt on i now it wont fit
I have 2004 shell i bought it for the drive train
And i have a 2013 ram
Fabrication i got time i live in Canada :D long winter

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Never thought I would see somebody wanting to do this. Interested to see how you make out

OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Am starting the conversion after Christmas
I'll keep you guys updated :D

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'm curious why would you want to do this?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought a 2013 ram from a logging company i got it for cheap they hit a deer the front is a mess
I checked for the 2013 parts only available in dealerships too pricey it would cost me around 10k to fix it
And last summer i bought a 2004 ram for the drive train
I swapped the 5.7 hemi from the 2004 in my 4.7 mud truck
Still got the complete shell laying in my garage so all the front end needed for the conversion i got it in hand and it would be a much cheaper way to fix the 2013.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought a 2013 ram from a logging company i got it for cheap they hit a deer the front is a mess
I checked for the 2013 parts only available in dealerships too pricey it would cost me around 10k to fix it
And last summer i bought a 2004 ram for the drive train
I swapped the 5.7 hemi from the 2004 in my 4.7 mud truck
Still got the complete shell laying in my garage so all the front end needed for the conversion i got it in hand and it would be a much cheaper way to fix the 2013.

i think the 3rd gen is the best looking generation. will look forward to pictures when your finished.

OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
id rather have no front end then put the time into making my truck look 10 years older then it is.
Making a truck look 10 years older is better than having a wrecked truck parked in your backyard

OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i think the 3rd gen is the best looking generation. will look forward to pictures when your finished.
I agree 3rd gen is the best looking ram out there

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I absolutely loved my little 04 Dakota, got 12 years out of it., great lines on the front end. Curious how this will all work out...good luck and looking forward to seeing updates!

OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I absolutely loved my little 04 Dakota, got 12 years out of it., great lines on the front end. Curious how this will all work out...good luck and looking forward to seeing updates!
Starting the conversion after Christmas I'll post pictures

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
id rather have no front end then put the time into making my truck look 10 years older then it is.

I am with this guy. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree this would be a dumb thing to do if he was spending a bunch of money on it, but he's not. If he's got the time and the skill to do it then that's great. Hopefully it can be done and looks good. Making 1 good vehicle out of 2 junk ones is what guys have been doing since forever. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing it when it's done. Even if I don't like the looks I always appreciate good craftsmanship.

Reactions: Nad
OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am with this guy. But whatever floats your boat I guess.
I know it's awkward lol but i have all parts needed in the conversion am not spending a dim
I love the 2013 front end best looking ram ever but the one i have is wrecked pretty bad
I prefer having the old front end with the 2013 technology interior and drive train than having a smashed truck laying in my back yard

OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I agree this would be a dumb thing to do if he was spending a bunch of money on it, but he's not. If he's got the time and the skill to do it then that's great. Hopefully it can be done and looks good. Making 1 good vehicle out of 2 junk ones is what guys have been doing since forever. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing it when it's done. Even if I don't like the looks I always appreciate good craftsmanship.
Thanks
I like the 3rd gen look but it will cost me a lot to fix it
The conversion wont cost me much i have all the part needed the truck i paid less than 5k for it
And when its done I'll have a fully functional truck with the 2013 goodies and a old front end

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I know it's awkward lol but i have all parts needed in the conversion am not spending a dim
I love the 2013 front end best looking ram ever but the one i have is wrecked pretty bad
I prefer having the old front end with the 2013 technology interior and drive train than having a smashed truck laying in my back yard

I am not against what you are doing, just it is waaaaaay outside the box of normal thinking to most. If you are approaching it as a hobby project, I say run with it as most hobbies are about the enjoyment with dollars spent secondary. If you are approaching it thinking it is something that will be of extra value as "unique", then that is where most would part ways with you.

Regardless, when you get into the nuts and bolts, give updates because people like to see the different come together.

OP
OP
N

Nad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Am approaching it as a hobby, winter project (week-ends) And making the truck functional
am not thinking about the extra value there is no extra value just self satisfaction
And it will not be my primary vehicle just a hunting and trail truck
I'll start the conversion after Christmas I'll keep you guys updated

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
why not sell the gen 3 shell and make up the difference for a 4th gen shell? or even piece together, fenders, bumper, hood, headlights, grill ( i got a sport grill primed ready for paint i would GIVE you, you just pay shipping merry christmas). is there chassis damage? engine damage? i could see $10k priced new but do some searching around junkyards? i have seen 4th gen headlights on my local CL for like $80 for the pair. the time it would take you to find the 4th gen parts used would be far less then what it would take you to make those 3rd gen body parts fit.