2004 headlight problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razorface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought my left low beam had burned out, but when I pulled bulb out it tested good, so then I used a test light at the plug and there’s no juice, then I find there are no fuses for the headlights, I traced the leads about 10” where they go into a harness of about 1000 wires, can anyone tell me where the power source is for low beams? ( high beams work fine)

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Headlights are controlled by the front control module, it’s underneath the fuse box. I don’t know why in all of Chryslers stupid ideas they decided to make it that hard to control the headlights. I’m really not sure what you can do to trouble shoot it

OP
OP
Razorface

Razorface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I’ll try and find some info on troubleshooting the front control module.

Wendell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
I had a similar problem with the left lower beam headlight on a 2002 Ram 1500 SLT. After replacing the Integrated Power Module I traced the real problem to the connector that attaches the headlight wiring to the bottom of the Integrated Power Module on the left fender. The wire for the left lower beam was intermittently loosing connection. You could try cleaning the connector contacts with electrical contact cleaner and check for breaks in the wire and/or connector.