2004 Ram 2500 4x4 5.7 hemi with 194,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the number 4 coil had a spark between the boot and the top bolt that held the coil down and truck ran fine no engine light, so 8 new coils, new plugs, 30,000 miles on the old ones, new wire loom across the top of intake manifold, fired it up after replacing with the new parts, it seemed to be missing, rough idle, checked all my wires all good pushed them all down, fired back up and runs fine, but the check engine light came on, P2314 is the code ignition coil secondary circuit, drove it today ran great from 6AM this morning start and stop till 1;30 shut it off when I started it back up it was missing, brought it home pushed all the wire connections again and runs fine, so how do I check for a bad connector??

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Swap coils around and see if the misfire follows the coil. Did you put in OEM coils?

You can delete that other post instead of double posting btw.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not uncommon to get bad new parts what brand coils did you use? maybe one of you wires didnt 100% click in I would un plug and re plug them all in.

OP
OP
S

Sam Davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought NAPA brand coils, could not find the other post to delete, researched today and found that 2314 is for the number 5 cylinder that helps, must be a bad connection, it ran fine all day today, 300 miles, now to get the check engine light to go off.

OP
OP
S

Sam Davis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck is running fine, tried two different code readers and they did not turn the check engine light off, disconnected the battery ground side waited 10 minuets no luck, then the positive side waited 10 minutes no luck, the engine light still did not reset. Code P 2314 number 5 cylinder misfire.