2006 mega cab interior light issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

odyj24

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 mega cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
have 2006 1500 mega cab. No lights come on when i open any door.
i have checked the bulbs and all work in "reading light" pods. i tried a new headlight switch assembly and still cant get any lights to come on when a door is opened. Dial makes dimmer function work fine, cargo light is operational, just tired of pushing reading light button to get any illumination especially with kids in back car seats.
any ideas?
thx
cody

12RAMSTER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you have no interior lights when the door is open? Or no interior lights at all except the map lights.

OP
OP
O

odyj24

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 mega cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
lights

both i guess.
I can click "on" each individual reading light by pressing their button or pushing in the lens cover.
but opening any door or rotating the "dimmer wheel" doesn't make any lights come on.
i thought it was the headlight switch assembly but apparently not.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Thats odd, because the dimmer all the way down kills the lights but with you rotating it up past the click and its still doing it thats odd. Im at a loss on this one.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
hmmm...that is weird. Normally if one door switch is bad, the others will work unless they are wired in series. If one is bad, it won't complete the circuit to the others.

With any of the doors open and the key turned to ON, do they come on?

OP
OP
O

odyj24

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 mega cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
nope

I turned key to "on" position and opened each door and got nothing.
then turned the dimmer dial until it "clicked" and tried the doors again , also nothing.
This sucks! Gonna have to duct-tape a "tap" light to the ceiling i guess.