Interior light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I have a 2020 2500 Tradesman. I just got a new bucket truck for work. Not sure if its a 22 or a 23 buts its a 4500. Theres a light that stays on all the time on my work truck but my personal truck it only comes on when I open the door when the other interior lights come on. Its the small light in the middle. Any idea on how to turn it all like my work truck? Side note it the 4500 has the 6.4 and the gearing is awful. Once it goes to second it bogs down like crazy. Wish it has the Cummings but I didnt buy it....truck light.jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Side note it the 4500 has the 6.4 and the gearing is awful. Once it goes to second it bogs down like crazy.
The 4500/5500 come with the AISIN AS66RC six speed transmission behind them. Sorta surprised the Ram hasn't put the 8HP75-LT behind the 6.4 on the chassis cabs trucks yet.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That lil center, call it a map light, on yer Tradesman should be on all the time the lights are on. There are (2) dials on the left side of the steering wheel: One is for interior lighting/evic screen brightness, etc and the other one controls the output of the "map" light.

Capture.JPG
Illuminated Entry
The courtesy lights will turn on when you use the key fob
to unlock the doors or open any door.
This feature also turns on the puddle lamps located beneath
the outside mirrors (if equipped).
The lights will fade to off after approximately 30 seconds,
or they will immediately fade to off once the ignition
switch is turned to ON/RUN from the OFF position.
The front courtesy overhead console and door courtesy
lights will not turn off if the Illuminated Entry ON button
on the overhead console is pushed.
The illuminated entry system will not operate if the
Illuminated Entry OFF button on the overhead console is
pushed.
NOTE: If your vehicle is equipped with Illuminated Approach
lights under the outside mirrors, they can also be
turned off by pushing the Illuminated Entry OFF button.