2007 Ram 1500 Double Din Headset Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilspeer1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Double Din Headset

I am in the process of installing a new Pioneer Double Din headset in my 2007 Ram 1500, extended cab, short bed. In conjunction with this install, I am installing a backup camera and Sirius/XM receiver. What is the best way to route the wiring from the back of the truck to behind the dash for the camera? What is the best way to route the wiring for the antenna for the Sirius/XM receiver? Also, are there any good graphics that show the correct wiring of the original wires behind the dash to the new headset?:grd:

stev0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2007
Engine
4.7, 4.7 flex fuel
I think the general consensus for the backup camera wiring is along the frame rail into the engine bay. Then through the grommet in the firewall. That's how I routed mine. For satellite radio I have no idea.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
I think the general consensus for the backup camera wiring is along the frame rail into the engine bay. Then through the grommet in the firewall. That's how I routed mine. For satellite radio I have no idea.
I did mine like this, also. Fresh after pulling the dash for the doors/cores, I made it a point not to run anything that was going to be in the way of future servicing. Not that I plan on getting rid of this truck, but I also wanted to route stuff logically so someone else wouldn't need to guess how stuff was run.

Also, are there any good graphics that show the correct wiring of the original wires behind the dash to the new headset?

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck Car Radio Stereo Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Brown/Red
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Dark Green
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Orange/Dark Blue
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Dark Green/Red
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Located behind the glove box.
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Red
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Red
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Light Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Orange

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck Car Radio Stereo Wiring Diagram

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please please please get the right wiring harness for your truck and don't cut into your factory harness. Didn't know if that's why you wanted the wiring diagram above or not. Also since yours is an 07 the wiring harness for your truck will provide reverse signal for your backup camera, e brake signal and vehicle speed sense for your gps.

Also not sure if the diagram above is correct since 07 radios are switched on and off through the can bus and will have no switched accessory wire.