2007 Ram 3500 shutting down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gingar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel turbo 3500slt
so need advice on what to do next please , 4 months ago our 2007ram 3500 automatic 4d shut down while driving , we have owned truck since 2012, we had it towed to local mechanic his diagnosis was the ECM needs to be reprogrammed and or replaced he says has a guy in Davie Fl can do it , meanwhile i do some investigating from original purchase in Scottsdale dodge I am told in 2007 the ECM was replaced then in 2010 in April needed to be reprogrammed i purchased in 2012 drove for 10 years pulled a 40 foot trailer never had any issues just regular maintenance. WELL it had ECM board replaced drove 2 days shut down took it back , he sent ECM back said that was giving him a faulty reading ? well had it 2 more weeks at shop got it drove one day shut down AGAIN, took to a new shop same got it running had 4 days shut down on side of road HELP my husband is at wits end !!!! i have been researching and trying to find some answers to help out thumbnail.jpg anyone have any advice i even payed a key guy to check key enclosed is a pic of key guys computer and what its reading also mechanic says he replaced the WCM but see on pic its showing fault ? thank you for help guys much appreciate it.

OP
OP
G

Gingar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel turbo 3500slt
FYI original mecanic said he was going to replace the WCM but it was not faulty so he didn't

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Really need to know what the fault codes are before anyone can even take an educated guess on what is wrong.

One thing to check is the grounds and make sure they are all good and tight, no corrosion etc. That can cause weird issues with the electrical system and is something that happens with those older gen 3 trucks.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
They should also be using Alf OBD to read CEL on all Dodges cars & trucks 2005 up and its only $50. that software will give you code numbers...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf